• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Maryland

CoderBrown

Hello everyone, I've been reading the forums for quite a while and now that I'm almost ready to buy my first MV I figured I'd introduce myself.

A little background: I've always liked older trucks, especially the Power Wagons from the 40's and 50's. One night a couple years ago I was researching those old trucks when I stumbled upon this site and suddenly realized I could own a Deuce. Awesome! A whole new world opened up and I was reading everything I could find on them (including the TM's cover-to-cover) and thinking how cool it would be to drive one around on the weekends and in parades, etc. Fast forward to today and while I had my heart set on a Deuce I've really taken a liking to the M813A1 and I think this is what I'll look for when I'm ready to buy later this year. One day I hope to own both.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without sounding sarcastic and getting a few people going, welcome aboard and I commend you for how you have handled your entry into the MV ownership world. I have Deuces and an 813 and the power steering does make a difference. I like both but PS is the cat's posterior.

CoderBrown

Thanks guys! There seem to be several owners in the area, I'm hoping to make it to Eldersburg for breakfast sometime to meet some of you.

I know the deuce/5 ton discussion can stir up quite a debate (so why not own both?!?). I know the power steering would be nice, though the 813 is "more truck" and I like the distinct sound of a deuce with the whistler turbo - but I'm still really leaning torwards the 813 as my first purchase. A deuce will probably follow some time later.

Look at me - I haven't even purchased my first MV and am already planning what to get next. :shock:

350TacoZilla

welcome from hancock md:beer:

If you like a deuce but also like power steering I think there are add on kits for power assist, also I think the m35a3 has it stock. I hope to go to one of these meets also once I get my project 923 done.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks