• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Oklahoma

45 bravo

I have visited this site a lot and now have decided to "Enlist". I have always wanted a military vehicle since I was in the Army. I grew up in a trucking family and drove trucks after I discharged. I have moved on to a job in law-enforcment (Back in uniform) due to wanting more home time with my family. I have had two old big rigs to restore a 62 International Emeryville cabover and a 70 Ford l-600. They are gone now and I Think its time for a military truck. I am interested in a Chevrolet contact truck, a m35 duece, Any 5-ton, or the 915-916 or 920 Tractors. I have looked on GL and believe this to be my best option. I am open to almost anything military. Until that blessed day I will Assemble my model kits and window shop. I was in the Army as A gunsmith so I am into firearms. I would love to maybe get a M109 As I operated a mobile gunshop from A 109 while at Fort Benning.
I would also like to talk to people that have recovered the M-915s 916 or 920s from GL. I am looking foward to interaction from other members of this site. Thanks.:driver:

M1075

I have visited this site a lot and now have decided to "Enlist". I have always wanted a military vehicle since I was in the Army. I grew up in a trucking family and drove trucks after I discharged. I have moved on to a job in law-enforcment (Back in uniform) due to wanting more home time with my family. I have had two old big rigs to restore a 62 International Emeryville cabover and a 70 Ford l-600. They are gone now and I Think its time for a military truck. I am interested in a Chevrolet contact truck, a m35 duece, Any 5-ton, or the 915-916 or 920 Tractors. I have looked on GL and believe this to be my best option. I am open to almost anything military. Until that blessed day I will Assemble my model kits and window shop. I was in the Army as A gunsmith so I am into firearms. I would love to maybe get a M109 As I operated a mobile gunshop from A 109 while at Fort Benning.
I would also like to talk to people that have recovered the M-915s 916 or 920s from GL. I am looking foward to interaction from other members of this site. Thanks.:driver:
Welcome, 45 Bravo. We have a good group of members here in OKC area and come together as the "Oklahoma Convoy" for parades, convoys and events. I believe hoopsoft is from Purcell area too!

Last edited:

45 bravo

m 1075 Where in OKC do you live? I have been looking for someone with the 915,916,920 serise to get quick measurments from. Would you mind if I was able to bring my tape measure up to see your trucks?

StreetbikeDepot

Hoopsoft lives in the Purcell/Slaughterville area and he has a 915, I live in Tuttle and have one also. I just sold a 915 to DonkDonk and he is from Norman and has a shop on I35 near I240 where he builds bobbed dueces. Welcome!

45 bravo

I thank you all. I have been reading all night about GL and how difficult they are to deal with. I am a bit down in the spirits. Oh well one can only try.

diesel583

Welcome. The first time GL is a little rough, but it gets better. I love my contact truck, I got a 2 ton service truck and except for the crane the contact truck is way better. Look me up if you get up past Tulsa

45 bravo

Thanks. I worked at DRMO prior to my Discharge from the Army so I kinda remember there was a lot of paperwork. Also I have delivered on Miltary bases and I know what to expect. I have researched all the things like how to pay, the EUC, when you have a actual invoice and such. And I will continue to research as time goes on. I am just hoping I dont bid on something and its a total basket case. I have lost two neat projects due to lack of funds, And hidden problems. They were two old tractor trailers I was going to fix up and one I just lost intrest in after finding problem after problem. And the cabover International was mis represented. I will still remain optimistic in my mission to find a Military truck. Also has anyone ever seen GL sell shelters like, radio shelters that went in the back of 2.5 tons or 5 tons ?
Thanks a lot!8

M813A1

Hey 45 Bravo ! Don't get too discouraged just take your time and you will find the right truck you are looking for !! Just lkeepyour eye on the GL listings and it will come together as Streebike depot said the first time is a bit daughting with the paperwork hassle and it does take a little longer with the first EUC but it does get eaiser after that !!