• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member in Texas

WantOne

Hi,
I'm Richard, located about an hour northeast of the Dallas metro area near the small town of Leonard, TX. Have always wanted an MV, (a tank is what I really want, but don't have the budget for that). Always looking at ads, etc....... then one (M35a2) came up for sale on Craigslist close to me (Wylie, TX), at what I thought was a good price. I was ready to go for it, but my other/better half put the breaks on. :| So I hatched a plan to sell some of my other "projects" to fund the new one. That went pretty well, but by the time those deals were done the M35a2 wasn't listed anymore.

Maybe that's a good thing so I can get better educated on the M35's and perhaps make a more educated purchase. SS looks to be a great site for that and I'm really enjoying reading through the forums.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you've registered for the site you've come to embrace the OD disease but its ok..we are a support group. We support buying more green iron! :jumpin: Howdy and welcome!

KsM715

Be prepared to sell more of your toys to fund your new hobby. (It's the nature of the disease)

Oh and welcome to SteelSoldiers

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes im sorry to say.. you fell into our trap.. now its all down hill from there. but its a fun ride to say the least. welcome from louisiana:jumpin:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The West Texas Detachment of the SS welcomes the new guy from Leonard aboard :grin: Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

Since you're up north of the metroplex, you will probably want to check out this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/south-...s-military-vehicle-collector-club-please.html by SS Member wallew there in Keller, TX. Jim's a good man, and I'm sure that hooking up with him will give you some local support.

Again.... W E L C O M E [thumbzup]

DeucesWild11

Wish I joined and learned a bit more before my purchase, would have made the recovery a bit easier. but not by that much. Wait and see, in a month or two you will know allot about these trucks and read the TM's listed on the site.. They are a wealth of info.. Welcome!

WantOne

Thanks everyone! First thing I did was read the "so you want to buy a duece" document. Now reading through TM's.

Understand the addiction, same with cars, tractors, on and on........... Just gets worse when you are pulled in several different directions.

I'll check out the North TX Club as well.

RichardR

Hello, Richard. Welcome from Austin. You will find lots of company and help with your potential new addiction in both Texas and Oklahoma, although that covers a lot of territory and long distances. But it's not always necessary to meet face-to-face to get help. This site is a fantastic source of info.
Richard (too).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks