• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member just picked up his first M1008

Clint Z

I am stationed down in GTMO and just bought a 1986 M1008 with 24k miles on it. I have been around old chevys and rebuilt many things... but this is my first Diesel.

Glad to have stumbled onto this site.

Clint

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GSA had one up for sale at GTMO. Is that the one you bought?

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Wow. GTMO. Always heard about all the fine vintage 50's cars rolling around Cuba (diesel-powered I hear mostly). NO snow/ no salt/ no rust. Don't suppose you ever get past the gate, but would LOVE seeing any shots of some of those cars.

And Congratulations on your M1008, please keep us posted about it, and welcome from up here in Virginia.

Clint Z

Nope, I will not get outside the gate. The M1008 suprizingly has VERY little rust. Just a 3 in hole in the pass side rear cab corner. I have my Wire feed Mig here and will weld in a patch. IDK how long it has been here. Most GTMO beaters are rust buckets.