• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member looking for info on white scout cars the M3A1s and G-067s

justinrps13

I know next to nothing about these vehicles, I am looking at the possibility of purchasing them for what I believe to be an extremely good price, I see they are extremely rare and quite valuable, could they be clones? how do I tell, what do they go for? what kind of parts availability?

just any info at all would be great.
thank you

FrankUSMC

Go to G503.com and post in the armored forum.
Look of the most complete vehicle you can find, parts can be hard to find. My friend who has restored several vehicles said the M3 scout car was the hardest out of all of them.
Good luck, it is a WWII armored vehicle you can drive on the roads without a lot of problems.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and hobby. The white scout cars are really nice truck to own, And have that great running and pulling side valve six. Better than the overhead valve types in my experience. And maintenance is quite straight forward too.

justinrps13

im looking into possibly restoring one and selling it, im buying some off a guy who got a whole bunch of ww2 stuff from an estate sale, 15k for 2 complete scouts and a parts vehicle and just boxes and boxes of new parts, im seeing them selling for 30-60k restored, is that accurate?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Restoring these is a labor of love. Say you are $10 k into each after logistics, and you sell for $50k. That leaves $40k, $10k for blasting, paint, machine work, consumables, leaves $30k for you for 6 months hard work. Better off flipping burgers.

justinrps13

im not doing it for profit I just want to make sure that if I buy them for 15k put 30-50k into the both of them I don't want to find out they are only work 10,000 each lol if they aren't worth anything I will just pass on the offer but if I get a few years of fun out of restoring a cool old vehicle and make money money back I can consider it a good investment

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, welcome to Steel Soldiers. :)
I don't want to be the one to burst your bubble, but you might find it difficult or near impossible to recoup your substantial investment. It's very difficult to predict what the market will be like for WWII vehicles in a few years. Sadly, baby boomers will reach the end of their lifespans. The demand for these vehicles may be very volatile and hard to predict in the coming years. Learning these lessons the hard way could prove financially disastrous.

If you're interested in buying your first military vehicle, I strongly suggest spending considerable time on the forums to find what vehicle suits your needs. I personally recommend a M1008 or M1009. I LOVE my CUCV! It's economical on fuel, relatively easy to find parts, easy to find replacement tires, and can be maintained by a shade tree mechanic with the TM's and threads in the CUCV Forum.

dmetalmiki

Re reading the thread...If I had the chance you have there, I would jump at it. 15000? seriously..TWO complete White Scout cars!..AND loads of spares! The negatives are unbelievable...You would not get ONE incomplete White scout car in bits for under 10,000 over here..and that's pounds! not dollars. (I'll go shares with you!!)

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dmetalmiki has a point. If they are complete, they are well worth $15,000. OP: Please post pictures so we have a better idea of what you're looking at. Thanks! :)