• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member looking to buy!

13ronin

Hey all! I happened upon this site recently as I got struck by the idea of owning a deuce. Long story short, last summer had to sell my motorcycle to make ends meet, and as painful as it was, I hadn't ridden in years having 2 small kids. So while surfing the web somewhere, I saw an m35a2 and when I saw the price I was blown away. I always thought they were triple the cost! Well, I've been wanting a forever truck and was looking at the 7.3 powerstrokes... till I found these big bastards. Not looking to jump in probably till next spring of summer so lots of time to study up. On another note, yes I know they're work intensive at times but that's ok. I'm a union millwright apprentice so heavy metal spinny things are right up my alley. So ya. Any tips? Where are some of the places to buy and is there a certain time of year they tend to be more available on the market or auction block? Where are most common locations? I'm in Pa about an hour north of Pittsburgh. Thanks in advance!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Craigslist is your best bet for a local cheap deuce. Or GSA/gov deals auctions for ex brush fire trucks

fpchief

The two i have now i found right here on SS on the want ad portion. You being where you are, you are fairly close to a couple i was looking at before i got these. Owning a deuce is a special thing not for everyone. It is a rough vehicle that you can't be afraid to get down and dirty with and you MUST be prepared to do most of the work yourself after tons of postings and hours of TM research. You being a millwright will definitely help. These forums are awesome just make sure you use your own due diligence to search for answers. Good luck!!!!

Kip

DeadParrot

Make sure your city/county/HOA/? won't have a problem with a large military vehicle being parked and driven there. Check the Politics Related to the MV Hobby section for problems others have had in obtaining a title/tag/registration.

If you are sure you want to buy one, start accumulating needed tools that you don't already have. Might as well take advantage of sales that happen around the Christmas season and Father's day. Plus you will have a list for those garage sales. Sounds like you are in a tool using occupation anyway.

13ronin

Ya I enjoy wrenching and solving problems. Plus I have to have most of my own tools for work to take job to job. Gives me an excuse to buy tools to fix a deuce. I was watching a time lapse of a guy Bob his and I'm thinking to myself that's just a day at the office for me!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks