• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member / m923 owner from Salt Lake City

skibum

Hi All,

I've been fascinated with the idea of owning a MV 6x6 for quite a while and finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I bought a 1991 BMY M923A2 for what I feel to be a pretty decent price at auction from Hill AFB which is about an hour from my house. Payment has been made and I am hoping to pick it up tomorrow. The paint needs a refreshing (thinking of white camo) and I'd like to get the cargo cover within the next few months but they look kinda spendy. I live in a small neighborhood and will be getting an RV storage unit for the truck.

I look forward to learning & gathering.

Peter

459314_6002_160_0001.jpg

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! (A hard top even)

I'm north of ya in Kaysville. I thought I saw a few months ago member MtnSnow (who's in North Salt Lake - EDIT: I stand corrected by Gunzy below) was selling a couple used 5-ton cargo covers , but maybe he sold them as I no longer see his thread.

Welcome, welcome! I know less about those newer 5 Tons (2.5 ton own here), but let me know if I can help ya. You may consider joining the Utah Military Vehicle Club (link in my signature).

Last edited:

Gunzy

Welcome, I am in Roy. The truck you bought is actually out by the Weber Co. Fair Grounds. I got the M925A1 that is on Hill. They are fun. You need to join us in June at the "Sounds of Freedom" car show in Layton. We have at least 3 trucks lined up for it. I was the one who was selling the used covers and they are gone now. You can check with Boyce equipment in Ogden as he usually has several for sale.
466255_6002_160_0001.jpg

Last edited:

SignalNco

Nice truck! Welcome to the world of green vehicles from the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. A friend of mine pulled my Deuce home for me with his 5-ton. Awesome truck.

m109a2

Welcome from lake Charles La.It is a blast is it not.On Sundays we drive the M35a2w/w and m109 box on a m35a2 frame mated with a 105 to hook to my Truck.We go downtown to local Civic Center on the lake eat a hot dog answer a lot of stupid questions and that is cool,Lord knows I asked of enough of them before I bought my rig.t One of the best things is when a young parent walks up to me and ask me if I would take a pic of there kids next to my rig.I will say no I am very animate about this I will say jump on or jump in I will take your pic of your family.Al

Carlo

Hi All,

I've been fascinated with the idea of owning a MV 6x6 for quite a while and finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I bought a 1991 BMY M923A2 for what I feel to be a pretty decent price at auction from Hill AFB which is about an hour from my house. Payment has been made and I am hoping to pick it up tomorrow. The paint needs a refreshing (thinking of white camo) and I'd like to get the cargo cover within the next few months but they look kinda spendy. I live in a small neighborhood and will be getting an RV storage unit for the truck.

I look forward to learning & gathering.

Peter

View attachment 558397
i can't wait to see the white camo. I've thought about this too.

Gunzy

skibum, if that is the truck I'm thinking of there may be a cargo cover laying in the back of it.This is a pic from you auction listing.
459314_5983_0_0001.jpg

FloridaAKM

More free stuff, you have to love it when the soldiers give you free stuff with every truck purchase. Hopefully it is still in there when you go to pick up the truck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks