• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member needs help!

M37-1952

Hi Everyone. After 35 years of looking for a M-37, I found one in Charlotte ,MI that came from the group Jeff Branch Motor Sales sold in the late 1960's. I was 12 years old and my parents bought one for my brother to use to skid logs. He taught me to drive and I learned most things about auto's working on it.They sold it before I was 16 and I've looked for one ever since. The one I got spent the last 37 years 5 miles from where I grew up. The questions are : how do you get the slop out of the shifting pattern, Do they make a 24 volt one wire alternator, and can you put other regulator guts in the regulator housing.

Mark

Attachments

TedG

M37 are great trucks! To think I missed one 8 miles from me!!! I have had and have several M37's so let me know if I can help. Regarding the 24vdc, if you have most of the military 24vdc equipment, keep it that way (my .02). Also you have a good straight tail gate!!! The slop in the tranny might be the shifting tower assembly...

I will pm you for I have some parts that you have missing....

Forgot. Welcome to Steel Soldiers neighbor!

Regards,

citizensoldier

I know that truck... Fresh rubber off of some GL M101A1 trailers.. hehehhe. Congrats on your purchase and ol Lindsey must be happy. I also have lots of M37 parts if you need something PM me I might just have it. I agree with Ted G keep it original if you can but this is just another 2 cents..After a bit if I know the others on the board you will end up with 20 bucks.. :mrgreen:
Best thing to do is pull the top off that trans and take a look. The old type are famouse for having shift fork problems. Its hard to say just what the problem is without seeing it.
Man it has a tailgate... Good find.. Congrats .

Armada

Welcome to the site! You'll like the STA Superlugs, they're good tires. The other good thing is that it is mostly original too. Lindsey told me he sold the truck, glad a local guy bought it.

nattieleather

On the altinator question yes you could put a later 24V military altinator on the truck, but the electrical would not be a easy hook-up. The Army did make a kit for duces and 5 tons and I suppose it would work on the M37, but I have no idea where to find the kit.

67Beast

Nice snag, I was on my way down soon to check that truck out and posibly buy it for my dad, when Lindsey sent me a note to say it was gone. It's alway great to have another SS member from here in Michigan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks