• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member & new GL winner today

zusmc

New member and just won a bid on a M1008 on GL today at Ft Bragg. I won #2910 w/51,000 miles on it. Not to bad shape, it cranks up and runs good. I hope everything else is good ie trans, diff, transfer etc..... really excited .. I love thse trucks. I just wondring how i should get it home . take a chance and drive it or find a trailer. I live about 160 miles away. :D

poppop

Now you've gone an done it!!!!!! Nobody can have just one. Congrats on the win and welcome to SS. If it were me I would drive it with a vehicle following just in case. Just check all fluids and if it runs and moves on site drive away.

zusmc

Re: RE: New member & new GL winner today

poppop said:
Now you've gone an done it!!!!!! Nobody can have just one. Congrats on the win and welcome to SS. If it were me I would drive it with a vehicle following just in case. Just check all fluids and if it runs and moves on site drive away.
Yeah would be alot easier than renting a trailer... Just worried about the unknown and not wanting to have to leave it on the shoulder of the road.. :?

ONTOS66

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: New member & new GL winner today

Congratulations on your "new" truck!
I recommend driving it home with a chase car - after all think of the adventure - the excitement - will it make it all the way home on its own? Naturally perform full PMCS before you start to roll - tires, batteries, fluids, etc.

Have a great time!

Preston

CCATLETT1984

RE: New owner

If you cant find a trailer, just finding a tow dolly would be fine. If you go with the tow dolly put the tranmission in PARK, and the transfer case in NEUTRAL. Then be sure the front hubs are in the FREE position and pull the rear driveshaft. Then you will be good to go.