• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member / New M35A2

Unservicable

Greetings!

Just bought my first deuce today, getting it home tomorrow. Allegedly hasn't run in over 2 years, fresh fuel and some batteries and it fired right up. Pretty rough in some respects, but a SoCal truck, only superficial rust (so far). Pretty easy tire change considering I only had a breaker bar and it was over 100F.

Looking forward to getting it home, cosmetic work will have to take place first to placate neighbors.

It has a LTD 465 -1-D

Attachments

DieselBob

Welcome to the site. There is a ton of information available for the deuce on here. If you haven't already you should download the manuals for your truck and spend some time reading about the care and feeding.

Unservicable

Thanks,

It has a frame, the seller took it off for some reason. I actually decided on getting a deuce instead of a 5-ton (like I had in the Army) because of this forum. I've been lurking as a guest off and on for years.

Unservicable

Making progress, new glass electric wipers, led lights, and Abloy lock cylinders on the tool and battery box. Also picked up an M353 trailer to carry my tig welder and the mep 805a I won yesterday.
2013-07-02 20.18.59.jpg2013-06-21 11.30.54.jpg2013-04-20 20.35.50.jpg2013-07-02 20.25.23.jpg

plym49

Good luck with your truck. Mine has the same tires, and they are awesome on the highway - great mileage and a few more mph.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks