• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member,New Owner M1009

partime

First things first......A big thank you to all the members. Had I not found this sight I would not have A 1985 M1009 sitting in my drive way
Now to my question, I bought my CUCV From a Car lot.....
The salesman said he had sold a culple of thes trucks before and knew the ropes as far as paperwork was conserned,But today he calls me and said he could not get the title untill I bring back the CUCV and let an LEO[POLICE] verifiy the vin and sign some sort of paper??????????
Is this a bad dream?, will The GREEN BEAST be recaled? or not a problem.

Sgt Hulka

Welcome. Sorry I don't have the knowledge to help you with this. Can't imagine it's too serious, but watch the dealer carefully. The burden is on him to do things right...

4bogginchevys

sounds like a standard issue vin inspect to me, here the DMV does it, not the police.....the need for an officer is just because it's not at the DMV, it's an educated guess though:wink:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Sounds routine cause the dealer probably didn't want to get an SF97 from the gov. Ensure the title paperwork and the dataplate serial number (VIN) match and year of MFG.

jimm1009

This required in all 50 states if the vehicle is never titled / registered in the civy world.
This is the first step to titling but I hope that the dealer is not just now asking for an SF-97 from G.L. or this could be a waiting game for you and him.
Verify that he has the actual title or I would ask for a temporary or permanent refund contingent on a real title and bill of sale.

C.Y.A.

jimm1009