• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member, new (to me) 1993 M998 Hmmwv. want to make sure EUC is correct

par0thead151

I'm like a kid on Christmas day right now. Just won my first Military vehicle at auction.
What I am wondering is, are the EUC's similar to those that gov liquidation has?
the last thing i want to do is have a error on it and delay when i can pick it up. Does anyone have a sample EUC for a private ownership vehicle that wont be resold?
i just want to make sure i do it correct so the wait is not painfully extended.

any other advice for noobie is always appreciated as well :smile:

any other tips for a Hmmwv noob?
bigcar.jpg
my new project...
http://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/H...Search,kwtag=NavNewSearch,q=686902&pnLink=yes

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep same EUC but if you haven't done one in the last year it may take a while to get through.
Please let the site host your pictures as the link will die in the future.

par0thead151

Pic 39 is worrisome. I guess that's why it hit DRMO....

how big of a pain in the butt is that to repair/replace?
more importantly, how big a pain in the wallet will that be?

im ignorant of the ins and outs of the Hmmwv platform, however i have done almost every type of repair on my GMC sierra 2500 HD, and all the daily drivers i have ever used since i started driving have been serviced/repaired by me

this will be an adventure for sure. well worth the effort, blood, sweat, tears, and money

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No kidding. Would that require a trailer to get it home?

To the OP, it is pretty easy to fill out an EUC, just read the boxes. Really, I had no trouble.

You have to love EUC forms, I know a heavy equipment dealer who used to buy the trucks , fill out the EUC that they were going to be scrapped , then ship the trucks out of the country in sections in sea containers.

Predator42

The half shaft replacement isnt that bad as long as you have a good jack/lift and jack stands. finding a half shaft for under $150 is the challenge and then making sure you get the right length and size is super important. They are different lengths in the front and the same length in the rear. Once you get one, you can follow these instructions on replacing the half shaft.

http://www.hummerknowledgebase.com/rungear/btm.html

Stonewall

It gets said over and over, but one of the best things you can do is download the TM's and Parts Manuals. they have good diagrams for and instructions for you to get familiar with, before diving into a repair. They appear a bit overwhelming to begin with, but they are actually pretty easy to navigate.

par0thead151

Sounds like more homework should have been done. The truck needs put on a trailer not driven.

thats what i was planning on, till it was worded as if they can be driven home.
the site has a delivery service, but i have a trailer i use at work to move bobcats and other heavy machinery that can be used to move this truck

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
is one legally able to drive this home without first registering it?
i live 1.5 hours from the base, so it would be nice ot save the freight.
Did you read the "hold harmless agreement" you have to sign ?
They are for "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" not to be driven on public roads.

par0thead151

Indeed. i did. its a waiver that their legal team wrote up expunging GP of any and all liability for the vehicles.
the hold harmless is a legal doc, the SF 97 would be more what the DMV is interested in. which also states not for road use.
I need to pick the DMV's brain about the HMV titling as that is for driving in events like parades and car shows only. which is what i got the truck for.
mostly a side project to wrench on in my spare time and teach my son problem solving skills in terms of mechanical issues and repairing them.
if wisconsin is one of the states that wont allow these to be HMV's, so be it. it will see less use then but still get the TLC and wrench work im sure it needs.

Did you read the "hold harmless agreement" you have to sign ?
They are for "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" not to be driven on public roads.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks