• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member of the MEP 003A club here...

Polycop

After burning up the the forums for the last few months, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a pretty nice MEP 003A mounted on a M105 trailer frame. It's a heavy setup but the trailer / generator will work out great around the house / barn for my needs.

That being said I spent the afternoon messing around with it and noticed it doesn't really idle (I know it's not good to idle them) but even with the speed control all the way in it's putting out around 58 hz. If I pull the cable out the engine speeds up, pegging the meter at 65 plus hz. I also noticed if I set the speed control for 62 hz it sometimes vibrates around and I can see the little knob slowly turn, raising the engine speed / hz in the process. Is there a way to tighten up the knob to keep it from spinning?

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
congrats on the buy. I've never messed with the throttle cables on the generators a lot, but they should stay pretty well put when you set them. It may be able to be tightened up, but I would have to look at it to see

The fact that you only get about 58 Hz (1740 RPM) on the low side and it pegs the meter on the high side of the throttle scale (over 1950 RPM), I would say that you need to read the TM and adjust the governor because it should be able to idle down to 53 HZ (1600 RPM) according to the TM. The low speed adjustment should be 1600 RPM's and the hich speed adjustment should be 2000 RPM's on the 003a

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks