• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member - Old Lurker

Mammalian04

All, thanks for all of your contribution to this site through posts and actual operations. I am not prior military but came to like the HMMVW while being exposed to them in the Corps at Texas A&M. That eventually led to a long term desire to pick one up as a project vehicle and just a cool truck to go have fun in with my son. I have learned enough on this site to finally make myself comfortable with purchasing a M998. I have just won my first Govt Planet auction today and will likely be more actively involved now so it time to start posting!

I'd also like to thank Bob and Jimmy at Mungle Bro's garage in Dripping Springs, Texas. They run their shop as a 2nd business / hobby and seem to enjoy these turcks. I first noticed their trucks parked outside their shop, popped in, and had a chat. Having someone with HMMWV experience close by helped me pull the trigger today. I have a long waiting period for my EUC but I can use that time to learn more here!

Thanks again for the great community. I can't wait to post up the new truck (and probably the struggles that will come along with getting it going).

Cheers,

Jason

NormB

I lurked for about a year off and on before joining ("I would never join a club who'd have me for a member" - Groucho Marx), it's been a treasure trove of shared knowledge/experience, sharing, met some really great people FTF along the way as well.

Welcome to the madness.

Norm

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jason,
Welcome aboard, we all lurked for a while (except for the founding fathers). Learned a lot before joining. Then after joining, learned there are a lot of good folks out there with a lot of experience.
We will need pictures when available.
JC