• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member out of NY

T1F7P8A7T

Hey all!
New to MV's and diesels.
Decided a short while back to switch over to diesel and to American; which yields quite a short list these days, especially since I am not looking for too large a ride. Stumbled upon the CUCV and, well, that was it. The simplicity, durability and fuel versatility make it nearly a no-contest for me. I am going to find one shortly and start learning how to maintain, mod and fiddle. This site if fantastic! I could read info for days and there would still be more!

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quick, quick. You will get blasted by the moderators for not putting a city in your details! Hence all the interest by others above/below (depending on the way you have chosen to view the threads) in your location.

Oh yeah... and welcome!

Hey all!
New to MV's and diesels.....
Decided a short while back to switch over to diesel and to American
So what are you used to.... Gas/Petrol and Citroen/Peugots??? Ha ha :)

I've had military stuff for decades, but I got my first 'Green' American Diesel earlier this year...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, only your state is required in your location information. Of course, many states are big enough that including a city or other indication of where in your state you live, helps others understand where you are located.

Blasted?aua

T1F7P8A7T

I am originally from Westchester County but I am moving around alot. Right now I am near Albany. I have lost my taste for urban and sub-urban life so am looking for a nice spot in the woods.

haha @ Zebedee
Try petrol and Japanese. I mean, they are good cars, but it is time for a change especially with the price of gas these days. :shock:
Besides I can't wait to see the look on a hippie's face when I pull up in my big, loud, American, camo, gas guzzler stinkin of french fries! Muahahahaha!

I am about to close on a former Air Force m1008. Totally stock. The crap they covered the chasis with is just starting to flake off and it looks PRISTINE underneath! Only 15,xxx miles!!! :) I think it's a good rig to pop my truck cherry with.

Will those gun racks fit something other than an m16/m4/ar15???

Last edited:

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am about to close on a former Air Force m1008. Totally stock. The crap they covered the chasis with is just starting to flake off and it looks PRISTINE underneath! Only 15,xxx miles!!! :) I think it's a good rig to pop my truck cherry with.
Hey T1F4S7WE6P7 etc etc etc.... !!! If you get your new green toy before next weekend (3/4 Nov) you are welcome to head West about 1 hr and join our weekend of mud playing etc. An annual Land Rover do, but ExMil vehs and a couple of local Jeepers welcome too. I suppose I'll have to get the M816 out for a demo too..... Ifff IIIII haaaave tooooo.....:)

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey T1F4S7WE6P7 etc etc etc.... !!! If you get your new green toy before next weekend (3/4 Nov) you are welcome to head West about 1 hr and join our weekend of mud playing etc. An annual Land Rover do, but ExMil vehs and a couple of local Jeepers welcome too. I suppose I'll have to get the M816 out for a demo too..... Ifff IIIII haaaave tooooo.....:)

Where is this at? I should be back by then...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not FROM upstate NY, but my family has a farm up there in Cherry Valley, NY right near Howard (ZEBEDEE). You are maybe 45-60 minutes from Howard's place. Welcome. The CUCV is a great choice for a truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks