• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member saying....hello!

54reo

Just signed up today and wanted to say hello to everyone!
I have a 1954 Reo M35 that I just bought 3 months ago. Needs some work, but only has 500 miles and the orig. '54 dated tires. Doesn't appear to ever have had a bed on it.
The first MV I bought was a 1951 Corps of Engineers Bucyrus-Erie Shovel. I'vr been working on it for a few years now.
Oh yeah, I'm also a Mopar nut!
Glad to be here!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great to have you here 54reo! That sounds like a neat truck. Really low mile and no bed eh? Hmmm, wonder what it's history is. Where'd you find it?

houdel

Welcome aboard! Glad you chose to join us. How about some pics of the truck and the shovel? As a former ARNG Corps of Engineers Platoon Leader, I'm always interested in Engineer equipment.

Here is the link to info on to to post pics. Note they cannot exceed 640x480 pixels in size. There is also a link there on how to download a Microsoft Resizer program if you are running Windows XP.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome!!! :beer:

Mopars rule!!

54reo

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

The truck came from OK. The Bucyrus-Erie came from Kansas. It was going to be cut up for scrap, and I just couldn't let that happen. Is there any way to get the history of this paticular machine as it has all of it's data plates. I know that it came from the Camdenton MO area as surplus in the early sixties. I bought it from the guy that bought it at the Military auction.

Attachments

54reo

The pics of the Bucyrus Erie 22BM are in the photo album under "54reo's pics". I couldn't get them to load here.

herc69

Cool looking truck, reo! You'll get used to these fellows here being smart a**s soon enough. I am a reasonable newbie, too, but live with several of their ilk :cookoo: , and fit in right away!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks