• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member, South PA

bigrigoperator

Just picked up a 1960 M109

she is in good shape, running good, has 90% on the NDT tires, and had diesel heater in the van

the only minor things currently wrong is the parking brake cable is missing, and the oil pressure gauge died.

I ordered in a new cable, new gauge, new pressure sender (just in case), and a NOS frond bumper step

I plan on changing the tires over to something better, I am not a fan of the NDTs. I am not sure if I am just going to get a set of g177 or do a hub flip, and single it our on mrap wheels. It also has the sprague tcase and I will be changing it over to the air shift once I can score a tcase for a decent price

The van will be turned into a full camper with modern wiring and inputs for a civilian generator.

This is my first military vehicle I have owned. I have driven 2.5, 5ton, and LMTVs when I was in the army, so they are not completely unknown to me. I look forward to many years of service from her while she drains my wallet in large gulps.

Who else is around the I83/I81 corridor?

Attachments

nice ride ...and happy camping. I have found that Steel Soldiers to be very helpful with very experienced people that will help with every question ....I have Found that experience beats book knowledge

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to Steel Soldiers! You've got a good looking truck, there. You came to the right place to share info, folks here love to talk trucks. We also love pictures, when you get a chance to post some more. Again, welcome!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

she is in good shape, running good, has 90% on the NDT tires, and had diesel heater in the van

the only minor things currently wrong is the parking brake cable is missing, and the oil pressure gauge died.

I ordered in a new cable, new gauge, new pressure sender (just in case), and a NOS frond bumper step

I plan on changing the tires over to something better, I am not a fan of the NDTs. I am not sure if I am just going to get a set of g177 or do a hub flip, and single it our on mrap wheels. It also has the sprague tcase and I will be changing it over to the air shift once I can score a tcase for a decent price

The van will be turned into a full camper with modern wiring and inputs for a civilian generator.

This is my first military vehicle I have owned. I have driven 2.5, 5ton, and LMTVs when I was in the army, so they are not completely unknown to me. I look forward to many years of service from her while she drains my wallet in large gulps.

Hi bigrigoperator ,

Welcome from North Carolina! It looks like you have a nice truck. Drop us some more pictures if you have the opportunity...

Several of the guys have done some pretty fantastic van body build-outs. chucky has a bunch of pictures of his LMTV with a custom made box on the back. All the comforts of home...

Tim

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Welcome aboard! We're glad you're here. There are TONS of deuce owner members, so I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends!