• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member with a new Deuce

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello to everyone, I'm a new guy who just won the bid on a duece from Muskegon, Mi. I'm very excited about bringing it home. I already have a 1951 M37, so I thought a duece would fit in good on the farm, yes It's going to earn It's keep. I have a couple of questions about what I need to drive it home. Paper work I mean, like insurance paper and how do you get around the plate thing if needed. Anything else I'm not thinking of. Also I noticed this was the only truck at this location, for this sale. Is this a base or something else. Thanks again and look forward to the journey with everyone, Scrapdaddy

Blood_of_Tyrants

I have a couple of questions about what I need to drive it home. Paper work I mean, like insurance paper and how do you get around the plate thing if needed. Anything else I'm not thinking of. Also I noticed this was the only truck at this location, for this sale. Is this a base or something else. Thanks again and look forward to the journey with everyone, Scrapdaddy
As for insurance, ask your auto insurance company. Mine has a grace period when I buy a new vehicle where they will cover it for a short period even if I don't notify them. Call yours and ask. I would get liability only because even if you hit something, you aren't going to cause much damage to the truck.

I don't worry about the plate. Get a short haircut and put on a OD t-shirt and go for it. If you get stopped (unlikely), just explain to the officer that you just bought it and just want to get it home. BTW, I have sold several and all of them have been at least 200-500 mile trips home. None have ever been pulled over.

roscoe

Congratulations on the win Scrapdaddy.:-D Read all of the previous threads on "Duece Recovery" and you will get a lot of helpful hints. Quite a bit of information on things that go go wrong to give you a heads up. I just purchased a Duece about a month ago and I'm working my way through the paperwork/approval process. I also plan on driving it home from WI to IN.

2Deuces wild

Hi, and welcome. Contact your local DMV and ask that question, The answer will depend on what kind of use you have in store for it. Here in Ca it ran me around $900 with taxes to get the plates. The Insurances was 175 a year at 10.000 miles a year. Make sure you check the oil, water, Brake fluid, Find out if its 3 dot or 5 dot. Don't mix. Check tires and air pressure, Lug nuts for tightness, Tork rods for deterioration. Belts etc and enjoy.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
scrapdaddy, that's a nice looking truck. Second time that one went to auction, don't know what happened the first time. If you don't have the pics I may have them from the last auction, let me know. Good luck with the pick up!

jime

scrapdaddy, that's a nice looking truck. Second time that one went to auction, don't know what happened the first time. If you don't have the pics I may have them from the last auction, let me know. Good luck with the pick up!
I wondered if that was the same one! I was watching it the first time. Very nice.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard!! Congrats on the win! Definately check the threads for info for recovery. My insurance also offered "grace" period, so drove home on that. Plate weren't really a problem, just checked with the DMV and went accordingly. TONS of info here! I've barely scratched the surface!! MV are sort of addictive though!:smile:

Sumoman

Congrats. Was watching that one, a friend had been bidding on it but did not want to go that high. I have family in southern MI so the trip would have been nice. Appears you have a road trip to plan!

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
new guy with new Duece

Mo- Mudder and MTK I got your posts but nobody else on page one . It was a little high, but it did look very clean to me also. I'll let you know when I get up there. Mo- Mudder we lived in House Springs for about 20 years before moving out. I don't know whats going with the other posts, just not showing up. Keep posting, I'll figure it out

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No it was through Government Liquidation. Event 4132, Lot 5650. Out of Muskegon, MI. Take a look and tell me what you think. The motor looks new
Scrapdaddy

scrapdaddy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the welcome. I see you have Bobbed Duece, would like to learn more about that. Seems there are quite a few of you guys. Before I start messing with the Duece, I have to put the Cummins in my M37. It already has 4 wheel disc brakes, power steering and 4.89 gears. Motor and transmission next. I would like to put a dump on it and use around the farm. I can't wait, you're right it is a disease. Hope they don't find a pill for it
Scrapdaddy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks