• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member with M37

Farmun

Hello all, from Middle Tennessee !!

Just thought I would post up to introduce myself. My son and I have recovered an M37 from the farm, and have big plans. We traded a '53 studebaker pickup for this "gem". We've been cleaning it up, and put a rattle can paint job on her to slow down the rust, and get it all one color to keep momma happy. We have it in the field behind the house right now.

We've been reading all the great information on this site for a few weeks, and have really gotten interested in getting another truck at some point in the future. We've been watching the auctions on the GL site, and dream of getting a Duece to tool around on the farm with.

Hi to everyone, and I look forward to gaining as much knowledge and wisdom as we can from you guys and gals.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, Farmun! These are great farm trucks. I have used the ones I have for years on my farm and to help out neighbors. When the neighbors get hopelessly stuck, they call for my wrecker. Lots of fun, too!
Enjoy your truck. a great father/son project. See how the hobby grows on you; you are already talking about a deuce! I recommend an M35 series diesel truck.
Regards Marti

CGarbee

An M37 is a great first MV...especially for a father son project. Big enough to be useful, small enough to go up trails, down the road, into the garage, and into a parking space at school...

Lots of parts available, lots of info and help available as well...

In addition to what is here, you've got folks over at the www.g741.org site that is devoted to the M37 series, and I have some info about them on my website at www.garbee.net/~cabell.

Enjoy, and be carefull. I've gone from a single M37 to a yard full of green machines... :)

vtdeucedriver

An M37 is a great first MV...especially for a father son project. Big enough to be useful, small enough to go up trails, down the road, into the garage, and into a parking space at school...

Lots of parts available, lots of info and help available as well...

In addition to what is here, you've got folks over at the www.g741.org site that is devoted to the M37 series, and I have some info about them on my website at www.garbee.net/~cabell.

Enjoy, and be carefull. I've gone from a single M37 to a yard full of green machines... :)
Ditto, I started out with a M37. There like potato chips you cant have just one!!

stampy

Great to have you here! I have a 47 Dodge Powerwagon and a Deuce(109) It's a toss up over which one is more fun to drive!

Farmun

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I've been busy working on our bonus room last couple of days (drywall, electrical, etc.). Haven't been on the computer much.

Here's a couple more pictures of how the M37 looked when we recovered it from the briar thicket. And a picture of the trailer that is ours, when the M37 runs and is able to pull it...

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello neighbor :-D. If you need any info about deuces let me know. I don't know much about M37s though. You can come by and check mine out and I've even got one that needs a home right now :wink:.

Farmun

Hello neighbor :-D. If you need any info about deuces let me know. I don't know much about M37s though. You can come by and check mine out and I've even got one that needs a home right now :wink:.
We don't know much about the M37s yet either, but we are learning as much as we can. We might just take you up on that offer to see some of your trucks. And maybe that one that needs a home..... ???? Thanks for the offer, I'll be in touch. :smile: