• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member with new to me M35A2 W/W

AaronW

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share some pictures of my newest toy. I picked her up from Ft. Lewis WA after bidding without preview. The GL pics looked ok and my wife actually submitted the winning bid. Thanks to this site, I had tons of recovery supplies on hand for the rescue mission. All that was needed was a top off on the brake fluid. The truck started, ran, and stopped well. She never missed a beat on the 55 mile trip home. I drive the truck multiple times per week and you can never get me to stop smiling. SF-97 was no problem(fee waived) and I now have a clear WA title with collector vehicle plates. I can't say enough about the super staff at GL Ft. Lewis. They were great.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Congrats! Good looking Deuce..................

Now let's see the M38A1 fire rig... :D

AaronW

I've read a few posts from multiple members who have had a bunch of problems with the new push-button switch I have. So far, no probs and I kinda like it.

kurtkds

Glad to hear that everything went well. I'm waiting right now for my paperwork to go through. I've heard nothing but good about Loni over there at Ft Lewis. I was a bit nervous about the title issue with the state but it sounds like it was a breeze. Any suggestions you might have would be great for getting through the inspection and title part of things for my self and wsucougarx since he's in the same boat as myself.

AaronW

kurtkds, Maybe my situation is unique, others will let us know for sure. I did not have an inspection of any kind. With a completed SF-97 in hand, my local license office issued the registration(collector plate) with no problems. I did not need to pay tonnage or anything. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

kurtkds

Thanks for letting me know. I was figuring on having to go to the state patrol office to have it inspected. I'll wait and see what happens when I get my SF-97. I also planned on getting collector plates for it.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Congrats on the "score." I wish my wife would bid on stuff like that! Her interests run more toward shoes and fur/leather coats, both of which she has in copious abundance! (At last count, I think she had 17 fur or leather coats and 73 pairs of shoes.)

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am a new member to this as well. Purchased my first truck from FT Meade last week. I hope my experience goes as well as yours. Both my sons got deuces last month and now I am hooked. I just love riding down the road with the windsheild flipped open. I was thinking about buying another Harley until I drove my son's M35 W/W & wistler turbo, and no Harley compares to it. WOW what a truck!!!Much safer too. I really enjoy how much help goes on between the members on this site. It's good to see people helping people and caring about history and the vehicles that keep us free. I am proud to be part of this patriotic group.

55Cameo

The 'keypad' is a light switch. It is a direct replacement for the 'toggle' style switch. You just unbolt the old switch and unscrew the plug, then screw in the plug on the newer style and bolt in place. Presto, nice upgrade to the light switch. I put one in mine with no issues. A 5 min. upgrade. Very nice to turn on and off the lights. It is even backlighted to see it better at night.

hole

Awesome looking truck ( woodland camos my favorite), a friend of mine had a bunch of those push button light switchs. All brand new NOS stuff and had BIG probloms on his truck. The first couple he tried worked OK to begin with but then certain functions wouldnt work, so he'd try another one . well after three or four switchs he burned some of the wiring loom and had to replace that too. Needless to say he went back to old style switch aua Hope yours doesnt give you those kinds of probloms

AaronW

muddog7375 said:
New guy here...What year is this Duece & what is that "keypad" for??...I havent seen one of those yet
More info.....It's a 1970 with a 1988 D-turbo. Based on what I've read, If that new style light controller even blinks, I'll yard it out. I don't think this truck saw much use by the Oregon Guard.