• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new member with some Freightliner SEEs

airbats801

I Just snagged these off gov liq for a lot more than I wanted. I'm currently looking to get a outfit to transport them down to portland oregon where I can get to work and see what kind of work they need. I'll post up some pictures soon. I plan on keeping one stock anprobably selling it and stripping the other down to make a trail mog.

Guess I can toss up some pics from the auction. They both need some tlc.
http://nwstarquest.com/unimog/unimog1.jpg
http://nwstarquest.com/unimog/unimog4.jpg

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the buy. I really want a stock one but just can't justify pulling the trigger to get it. If I can convince the wife we really need a tractor I can ease in to "well maybe a SEE would be better all around than just a tractor" and go from there.

Of course if anyone would like to trade one for a freshly painted M1010 let me know.

airbats801

YEah they are a unique rig. Pretty capable offroad and plenty of power, air assisted shifting, hydraulic tools like a chainsaw, jackhammer and something else you can run off the front. I hope mine came with them. The backhoe seems to be very useful. Theys ay the front loader isnt the greatest as it's small. and they say that bucket makes em pretty front heavy when driving. The auction was pretty brutal. I must have bid on 10 to 13 of the units and one bidder basically bought them all up,. He probably got tired of fighting every auction with me and gave in and let me have one without a frontloader bucket and the other lol. They seem to go for a pretty decent chunk of change when are cleaned up and in good working order. I'm debating if I should pull off the backhoe attachment on the one im going to keep or not. It may come in handy on the trails :)

exbrown

Unimogs were sold as tractors by Case dealers in the 70s as the MB4/94. With hydraulics and pto on the front and back, it could take most any tractor implement and was a very versatile piece of equipment. They never caugt on in the US, but they were and are still very popular in Europe.

I am attaching an old Case brochure.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tlauden

Wow, once ya get them home we need some more pics!! I saw them on GL and just couldn't figure out how to justify buying one... I didn't know they would hook up to standard tractor implements....