• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KTMGuy

And I must say its pure gold for information here! Did a google search, wound up here and was digging through the generator section and was hooked. As for me, Im retired Army (20yrs) - joined right out of High School back in '79.
I live in Indiana, but will be moving to Alaska next year hopefully. Been waiting for the borders to open up.
I currently have a MEP- 802A that has not given me any problems for 3 yrs now, but decided to learn more about the repair aspects and troubleshooting. I also love KTM motorcycles and 2nd gen Dodge diesel trucks.

Vince

KTMGuy

Heh, heh - I know from crazy. Everyone knows jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is crazy.

I'm like a little kid in a candy store here - so much to see and learn. Brings back a lot of memories too.

Now I'm looking at all the nice trailers - the M1101 is calling me in particular. Im sure I can talk the wife into getting one or two as they are very handy for moving things.

Vince

dmetalmiki

Heh, heh - I know from crazy. Everyone knows jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is crazy.

I'm like a little kid in a candy store here - so much to see and learn. Brings back a lot of memories too.

Now I'm looking at all the nice trailers - the M1101 is calling me in particular. Im sure I can talk the wife into getting one or two as they are very handy for moving things.

Vince

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
And I must say its pure gold for information here! Did a google search, wound up here and was digging through the generator section and was hooked. As for me, Im retired Army (20yrs) - joined right out of High School back in '79.
I live in Indiana, but will be moving to Alaska next year hopefully. Been waiting for the borders to open up.
I currently have a MEP- 802A that has not given me any problems for 3 yrs now, but decided to learn more about the repair aspects and troubleshooting. I also love KTM motorcycles and 2nd gen Dodge diesel trucks.

Vince
Hi Vince and Welcome!

79 was a really good year. Same year I joined the Navy... Somehow I didn't have the commitment to stay for 20 though. Son is signing his 4th re-up, so it looks like he has his twenty in the bag.

There are Technical Manuals for your MEP here and Guyfang is absolutely brilliant when it comes to advise on "green things that create power". Heck of a nice guy.

Welcome to the site and be sure to post pictures. We have a "Non-MV Sighting" thread running, so the motorcycles and trucks even have a place to hang out!

Tim

Last edited:

KTMGuy

Hi Vince and Welcome!

79 was a really good year. Same year I joined the Navy... Somehow I didn't have the commitment to stay for 20 though. Son is signing his 4th re-up, so it looks like he has his twenty in the bag.

There are Technical Manuals for your MEP here and Guyfang is absolutely brilliant when it comes to advise on "green things that create power". Heck of a nice guy.

Welcome to the site and be sure to post pictures. We have a Non-MV sighting thread running, so the motorcycles and trucks even have a place to hang out!

Tim
Thanks Tim! Its always nice to communicate with the Navy! At least they dont eat crayons. Thanks for your service! Thanks also for your sons service - pass it on to him please.

Oh yeah! Been digging through the manuals and picking up all the nuggets of wisdom that the generator thread has. Theres a lot to go through.

I'll check the Non-MV section next - thanks for pointing it out. I have a 2000 Dodge Quad cab 4x4 diesel thats been rebuilt more than once and I plan on keeping it till I die. The kids can fight over it then. My Bike is a KTM 1290 SAR - its my speed fixer.

Vince

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, and thank you for your service! Just FYI, I've been told that owning MVs can be addictive. So far I only have one, but time will tell 😁 . Again, welcome. We're glad you're here.

KTMGuy

Welcome to the site, and thank you for your service! Just FYI, I've been told that owning MVs can be addictive. So far I only have one, but time will tell 😁 . Again, welcome. We're glad you're here.
Thanks M35! When I get to our new hideout in Alaska I plan on raiding the nearby bases for neat things. Im told surplus stuff is very available. I want another genset or 3 up there along with a trailer or 2. I have a supposedly nice Brit Defender 110 waiting on me. Been waiting for almost a year now to get up there.

Vince

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks