• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fletcher76

In the rush of life/work balance I forgot to post a new member post. Anyways I’m new here my name is Clarence, but my friends call me Fletch. I spent a number of years in the Army as an 11B/11M. My family and I picked up a 1976 M887 last month without the box and needing quite a bit of body work. I forgot to post pictures as well here y’all go.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! Looks like they all did coming off DRMO back in the day. Plenty of forklift kisses and mop applied tan CARC paint for the first Gulf war. The SECM (Shop Equipment Contact Maintenace) box probably got pulled to put on a M1031 Chevy CUCV, or possibly the last owner needed some beer money by scrapping all that aluminum. The shop trucks were clumsy anyway, I would put the pickup box back on it.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
a tag build date of Oct76 through Sep77 (as well as the style of radiator support and grille), denotes your truck as a 1977 year model .. enjoy your new ride !

Last edited:

Fletcher76

The dash nomenclature plate attached with screws is a red flag, should be riveted. Does the vin on the plate match the other vin locations?
The thought has crossed my mind regarding the screws vs rivets as I’ve always seen on any other vehicle. It did come with a title and I already transferred the title and registered it in my name but I haven’t had a chance to dig any deeper for other vin locations other than the door frame one that did match, however it’s hard to read with all the desert overcoat.IMG_7611.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks