• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New MEP 003a, Question...

mastrman

I picked up my MEEP 003 Yesterday. Prepped it for starting and started first try! I have one missing piece> The fuel cutoff solenoid was carefully removed. (they returned its screws back to their holes) I looked everything over and the gen did not smoke during initial start. I looked at the 24dc guage and it was dead as a hammer. If the solenoid is missing and there is an open circuit, would that affect the guage? BTW Merry Christmas to All!! Gen has 225 hrs THANKS for any light on this. BTW I have not checked behind the guage panel. It is still in my truck and unreachable until I unload. In any case, I need a solenoid source. Also just checked across the batteries @ 24.8v while running.

Last edited:

Keith_J

The fuel cutoff solenoid leads could cause a problem is shorted to ground, this would cause the DC circuit breaker to open. A dead gauge could be the gauge itself or something else. All safety mechanisms are bypassed without the solenoid present, the spring return in this component stops the engine.

mastrman

I looked on Eay. The one I saw was lots$$$. It was new but as long as it is functional I would be happy paying a lot less! I will check the classifieds.

storeman

I haven't been here in a while. Got wrapped up in trying to learn how to weld (really in how to buy too much equipment). I think I have a couple of the solenoids. My e-mail is below or PM me.
Jerry

mastrman

Thanks for your reply. I just got on ebay and found some fuses as you described. I also found an asortment of old fuse caps. Thanks again for your help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks