• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New MEP 1040 10KW

Guyfang

Staff member
Hawker has a battery charger just for their batteries. Have no idea whats different about it. Just know they do. A Hawker guy I knew from contracting once took 100 Hawker Batteries out of the DRMO, (tagged UNSERVISABLE) and and compleatly recovered 98 of them. That's where I learned the parallel battery thing. Recovering Hawkers. Good AGM charger on them and waited 2-3 days.

tmuenster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The small Optima battery has now been ‘Fully Charged’ according to my AGM battery charger. It started at about 5.7v when I initiated the ‘Good Battery in Parallel’ method of charging. It took a couple of days where the charger was in ‘Boost Mode’ adding a charge to the Optima. The Boost Mode voltage was around 14v and never got to 15v. I am now charging the second small Optima that came out of the MEP 1040. I also ordered one of the PulseTech 24v Solar Chargers that I plan to add to the genset. Hopefully, the solar charger will keep the Optima batteries maintained.

I plan to wait for my NOCO charger to recover the Hawker batteries but I think the process will be about the same. Or at least I hope to get the same result….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had mixed success with Optimas in the battery-trickery department of recharging. Glad to see you had success.

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The small Optima battery has now been ‘Fully Charged’ according to my AGM battery charger. It started at about 5.7v when I initiated the ‘Good Battery in Parallel’ method of charging. It took a couple of days where the charger was in ‘Boost Mode’ adding a charge to the Optima. The Boost Mode voltage was around 14v and never got to 15v. I am now charging the second small Optima that came out of the MEP 1040. I also ordered one of the PulseTech 24v Solar Chargers that I plan to add to the genset. Hopefully, the solar charger will keep the Optima batteries maintained.

I plan to wait for my NOCO charger to recover the Hawker batteries but I think the process will be about the same. Or at least I hope to get the same result….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did they hold a charge? I used my noco on the two optimas in my 1040 but after sitting overnight after they were “fully charged” they would not start the genset.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did they hold a charge? I used my noco on the two optimas in my 1040 but after sitting overnight after they were “fully charged” they would not start the genset.
Sounds like you only had a 'surface charge', try leaving the charger on each battery at least three days. It will cycle on and off, but will get a little 'deeper' charge each time.

Abrant23

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you only had a 'surface charge', try leaving the charger on each battery at least three days. It will cycle on and off, but will get a little 'deeper' charge each time.
I let it charge in parallel for a day then left the noco hooked up for a week. Did this with both batteries before giving up on em. Neither would hold a charge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks