• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico meet and greet ??

area52

New Mexico meet and greet CANCELED!

Throwing this out there for ideas and thoughts.........

I was thinking of hosting a meet and greet at my place in Aztec NM on Sat. Aug 27 2011. I have plenty of room for 10-15 trucks at least, could have a BBQ and shoot the breeze session. I know there are a few SS members around me and a few more down by Albuquerque which is probably a 4 hour drive by MV at least.

I work shift work so the only other dates I could host are July 30 or July 2 which is the 4 of July weekend - not too good for me.

I figure this give people time to plan and ask for time off. Let me know if you are interested or have any thoughts about this.

Wade

Last edited:

Yes I think it would be great . the August date looks good maybe a one day get together this year could lead to a weekend meet next year ?

area52

Yea, we will see how this turns out, I know there are a few places around here that can hold a few more people/trucks, possibly overnight.

M920

That sounds like a great idea Wayne....You can count me in!

I think there are quite a few of us here in NM and southern CO and it would be great to start a "MV get together" once a year, in different places around the state. It would be a good excuse to drive the MV and we get to meet other people in the hobby and see new parts of this great state....:jumpin:

Soni

MorbidMiss

Being that the end of August is still hot, shade and lots of water will be pre-reqs...

Kids or no kids?

unclemikey

Sorry to take so long to respond. I think it would be supper. Have talked to some others with M-35s or M109s to be sure to come also. If I am in the state and the fuel cost does not make me sell the truck to pay for the fuel to get there, I would love to come. Looking forward to it with great anticipation.

:driver::jumpin:
P.S. I feel bad that we live so close and have let to meet........looking forward to changing that. Thanks for the invite 52.

Bighurt

If you guys have a mid November meet I'll be driving through...LOL

No MV, well not yet anyway, you never know what I may find in Lucerne Valley.

area52

Sorry to take so long to respond. I think it would be supper. Have talked to some others with M-35s or M109s to be sure to come also. If I am in the state and the fuel cost does not make me sell the truck to pay for the fuel to get there, I would love to come. Looking forward to it with great anticipation.

:driver::jumpin:
P.S. I feel bad that we live so close and have let to meet........looking forward to changing that. Thanks for the invite 52.

Just let me know a number of people as the date comes closer so I can plan on chairs, food and what not.

area52

If you guys have a mid November meet I'll be driving through...LOL

No MV, well not yet anyway, you never know what I may find in Lucerne Valley.

Jeremy

I plan on heading to California the second week of Nov to go 4 wheelin in the Mojave. Let me know when you are going out there and maybe we can meet or convoy out.

Sirblissfull

My wife insists on bringing the kids instead of locking them in a closet with a bag of dog food.

Any where I go for more then a few hours its gonna be 6 people.

Bighurt

My wife insists on bringing the kids instead of locking them in a closet with a bag of dog food.

Any where I go for more then a few hours its gonna be 6 people.
You have 4 kids!!!

Man I thought I had it bad with three...but mine are all boys and under 5...

area52

Bringing this back to the top.

Still planning on Aug 27th, late afternoon. I will have the canopy, hotdogs/burgers, water, sodas and some tables and chairs.

I am looking for: chairs, coolers with ice, chips/deserts anything else? It will be in a field below my house so there is no power so everything cold will have to be in a cooler.

Please no pets.

Adult beverages are ok, but I am not supplying them all!! :p

Let me know how many in your party, what vehicle(s) you are driving, anything food or drink you are willing to chip in.

I will update/edit this post with what everyone is bringing.

Me and my wife are planing on it . We have a few extra chairs and will bring a a few cooler with ice and help with the other items I can bring a grill if needed . and my wife will bring her Chicken enchilada casserole . I'm not sure if we will bring the m52a2 or the m211

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks