• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Mexico members check in here!

bbuck7777

Yes, they do all of NM from what the lady told me. They will send you a quote, you fill out form, sign it, sent check (no CC's) and a picture. Took about 2 weeks. I only will drive mine <500 miles a year.

nmdata

Yes, they do all of NM from what the lady told me. They will send you a quote, you fill out form, sign it, sent check (no CC's) and a picture. Took about 2 weeks. I only will drive mine <500 miles a year.
Thanks for the help, i will give them a shot. I am about tired of hunting for insurance. been to 19 different agents now and thus far, only geico is the only one but it was for $421 / 6mo. hopefully JC will be a lot better

nmdata

I went ahead and put in for a quote through JC Taylor and will see what they say. Gulfway just sent me an email saying they do not offer insurance in New Mexico. Hopefully JC Taylor will be my light at the end of this seemingly long tunnel. Thanks again topo & bbuck7777 for your input.

Dukeman

1966 Jeep Kaiser M35a2 and 1983 AM General 931 here in Albuquerque/ Elephant Butte. Hopefully I will be at the Butte Rally the 27th. For all you Butte people the Chamber of Commerce has invited us to decorate our trucks and participate in the Holiday light parade on Dec. 8th. They was to give us the lower parking lot where the luminaria tour starts. I hope we can get some people there. I will print up some flyers for the truck rally. Also, speaking of insurance. I went with State Farm. $42 a month for the 5 ton. They were the only ones who actually knew what it was and had no mileage or towing restrictions. Taylor wants the vehicle in locked storage. If you tell them you want to tow anything you are disqualified.

Dukeman

My plans have changed and I will be going down to the butte this weekend instead of next weekend. Is anyone going to be hanging out at the butte this weekend?

If anyone from Albuquerque is going down to the butte next weekend the 27-28 can I give you some flyers to distribute at the truck rally for the December Holiday event? Let me know. Thanks!

Rick

searls84

I have the deuce insured through Allstate. For a car and the deuce its like 48$/ month. Also got the 5 ton insured at State Farm. I can get you the numbers to the agents who took care of me if you are still looking.

RangerBob

i went to state farm and they said that because it was over 10k lbs, they couldn't insure it.

Give Rick Paul/State Farm in ABQ a call. I'm insured through them as commercial-private (or somesuch because of the over 10K thing). Even if he won't insure an out-of-towner, maybe he can call your local agent and tell them how to write it up.

Rick Paul - State Farm Agent in Albuquerque, NM

Last edited:

NMSMITTY

Saturday, October 27, 2012
Elephant Butte Lake, Rattlesnake Island, Out on the End of Ridge Road!
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. -- Meet and Greet! Pictures!
1:00 -- Meet at Rattlesnake Island for Poker Run
*** Bring your truck and your crew, this will be fun! ***
(The poker run will only include stops within the lake area from Dirt Dam to no further north than Monticello)
5:00 p.m. --- Sharp --- Potluck Dinner, Poker Hand Opening, Campfire, Awards (we scrounged up some goodies).
This should be a LOT of fun!
FYI. the poker run is for fun an is a 20$ donation per truck , for the VFW you win half of what we get in an Cummins Rocky Mountain of Albq is donating some real nice ball caps an a coat from them to the winner >Thank you Cummins...

NMSMITTY

Saturday, October 27, 2012
Elephant Butte Lake, Rattlesnake Island, Out on the End of Ridge Road!
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. -- Meet and Greet! Pictures!
1:00 -- Meet at Rattlesnake Island for Poker Run
*** Bring your truck and your crew, this will be fun! ***
(The poker run will only include stops within the lake area from Dirt Dam to no further north than Monticello)
5:00 p.m. --- Sharp --- Potluck Dinner, Poker Hand Opening, Campfire, Awards (we scrounged up some goodies).
This should be a LOT of fun!
FYI. the poker run is for fun an is a 20$ donation per truck , for the VFW you win half of what we get in an Cummins Rocky Mountain of Albq is donating some real nice ball caps an a coat from them to the winner >Thank you Cummins...

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Hey all, I doubt I will make Elephant Butte. I will be travelling and not sure what day I fly back home.

If anyone is going and can carry some stuff (if I can't go) or if anyone in the El Paso vicinity is interested, I have some stuff I brought west that I'm scratching my head and say wtf did I bring all of this.

So it's going cheap and NO I don't have pictures and yes I am leaving town in 36 hours and still have a truck and part of a trailer to download so NO I'm not going to take pictures.

Wrecker tow chain==35
MILSPEC brake pressure bleeder (does not have wheels but otherwise good to go)--35
grounding rods--2 each and have about a dozen
heavy duty milspec jumper cables (not slave cables)--40
LED rear tail light assembly (tan) brand new--70 for the pair
Universal puller kit complete and probably never used---100

Will add to this as time progresses. For now, it is back outside to keep downloading in the middle of the night so I can free up some time tomorrow to get some rest before I fly out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks