• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New motor for the 09, what do you guys think?

1009krawler

no ten bolts, D60 front D70 rear, 5.38s

I love the cummins 6bt, i already have a truck with one, 04 dodge 2500 common rail 5.9. This is my daily driver/ hauler. Its not a lack of power issue i have, its a power to weight ratio issue.

Not looking for wheel spin, but here in Texas mud is unavoidable, even on the rock trails.

Ive decided on the 8.1L, more power more torque than a 12v 6bt. I plan on keeping the motor stock (aside from deleting torque management), so dont tell me "oh with mods you can get gobs of power from the 5.9" i know that, i could do the same with the 8.1L. I want some variety in my garage, having the same motor in two trucks... just a little boring to me. I never wanted to drop the 5.9 into the truck, the question was 6.0 or 8.1, then it got all off topic.

A 5.9 sitting next to a big block chevy, thats what i call the best of both worlds.

Thanks for all the input and opinions! Time to start wrenching :D

Attachments

Iceman3005

I disagree on the 454 "blowing up", they are a pretty stout motor. As for fuel injection there are aftermarket kits for that, but as you already stated you have the current engines already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks