• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new motor ?'s

snakepliskin

hey everybody! of course im new here so ill say hi im joe and get on with the question in case somebody knows about it and can help.

i bought a new engine from gl its a 6.2l from a humvee i think. i bought it because i figured it would be a later model engine and ive read that the later model 6.2s had better flowing heads than the earlier ones and would be a great replacement in my m1009

heres the thing. it looks very similar to the engine in my truck but there are obvious differences such as

no vacuum pump on the top rear of the engine there is an electronic thing instead

also no where to put vacuum lines to the injection pump just more electrics

dipstic tube is different but probably not a big deal because the oil pan doesnt look like it will go in and clear the front axle

i guess its no big deal if the vacuum pump can be put in there but was just wondering if anybody had any experience with these engines

side note -- i want to get an nv4500 in this thing too, will i even need the vacuum pump with the manual trans?

Westech

CPL
ok.. the Engine you got is about the same thing. around 155 hp and that's it. you do not have to change the oil pan but I would if I were you. The vac pump can be installed no problem just take out the RPM sensor. The injection pump is 24V so you will have to swap out the top plate or just the fuel switch in the pump.. its ez as pie. the TPS sensor is a bolt on swap on the pumps , no big deal. With a manual trans you will NOT have to use the vac pump.

southdave

you got to do the big swap out, bascially you have to make the new motor llook like the old one. swap the water pump, the glow plugs , and the fuel solenoid ect.. do what westy says he types quicker

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks