• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New muddin' rims?

ProximityX

Now let's go get 'em dirty. Seriously, though... Anyone pimped out their LMTV other than Wehring? Maybe there'd be less mud opportunity with some nice rims?

Anyone know if there's some OBDII-like sender I can use with the Torque app? I'd like to have a visual on all the things happening with the engine, especially RPMs.

And has anyone made a motorcycle lift for the bed of this thing yet?

Cheers,
dp

M1078_pimpin.jpg

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the motorcycle lift idea. I have thought about one day getting a dual sport bike, and it would be nice to have an easy way to transport and load/unload.

dalej

I had thought of the spare lift and being dual purpose.... maybe a bike lift and store my bike there instead of a spare. I'm not there yet since I currently have a Harley but I do have a Honda trail 90 from the 70"s that gave me the idea.

The hydraulics that pull the cab down for transport can be relocated and more then likely will on mine. They will be used for a bike lift or something. I will change the cylinders out for longer ones. I really haven't gave it a whole lot of thought since mine isn't licensed yet, still waiting for the right papers.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
My 1083 winch truck has a tach so the setup has to be out there somewhere. The tach/switch housing on top of the heater box is a nice location for additional switches and stuff. I have a 1088 tractor that has the housing on the heater box but no tach in it.
Will

ProximityX

That's LMTVoshop...

Dalej - anyone that knows me knows that I am only a bit eccentric. I'd never ruin a perfectly good LMTV with civilian rims. ;-). A computer-savvy friend add the rims in Photoshop. You can probably tell if you look at the open spaces in the rims. I have to say it looks tough but unless there are lasers that shoot out, I'm not interested in hacking the 1078 into something any normal person might like. And I do enjoy my friends that like to drive it around my yard in it's current condition. And my brother found the beer holders! Btw: I like your trailer. I opted for the baby trailer but every once in a while I almost bid on the real one.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lmtv772

Banned
Some have a center post some don't Some have a see through defroster box others have it in one solid metal piece.

ProximityX

Mine's a 1997 and the ring has never been popped so there are no leaks. We need MV Saturdays once a month in Raleigh so I'll have an excuse to get some good coffee sometimes.

dp

dalej

I'm going to remove mine then for a cleaner look. I thought it was a structure thing. The extra support for a turret, makes sense. Unless I can figure out something to mount on it soon, it's gone!

Lmtv772

Banned
I'm going to remove mine then for a cleaner look. I thought it was a structure thing. The extra support for a turret, makes sense. Unless I can figure out something to mount on it soon, it's gone!
You could mount a turret.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks