• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New MV owner

backwoodsman1

Howdy from the MS gulf coast, I would like to give some background first, (moderators please forgive, steep learning curve for me). Raised by grandparents, started bringing fish and red meat to the table at age 6. (grandfather taught me). Been around gas, butane, propane and diesel engines from an early age. Much experience either forgotten or dormant. I recently purchased a 65 model M109A3, cheap. Drove it home. Brakes quit about a half mile from home. (Butt puckered up). Made home safely. As to the previous owners honesty I will not comment. Parked it. Next day it would not crank. Battery terminals corroded so that you could not see the terminals. So new cable ends and another set of batteries. Now I have to listen hard to hear the starter engage before it is running. Engine, transmission and axles all good. I now have to rebuild the brake system from the air compressor to the wheel cylinders. Will replace probably more air, fuel and hydraulic lines than I need to. I am capable. Thanks for listening. 73 Mark W5MDX 1965 Kaiser Jeep M109A3 wo/w that whistles 1993 AT&T 3/4 ton tool truck (w/tools) Engines run on fuel(s). Motors run on smoke.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks