• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New MV Owner

dittle

Just won an '87 M105A2 out of Camp Ripley and am new to this GL auction thing. From what I've been told by other members (thanks to those who have answered my questions) I now should be doing an EUC and then the SF97 once I pick up the trailer. I plan on pulling it with an '04 F350 Diesel so I don't plan on power being an issue, I just have to find a pintle. Anyone know of where I can get a pintle that is height adjustable (Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, Tractor Supply, etc)? I am assuming that I do need an adjustable one base on other topics I have read in the forums.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any of them should have the pintle hitches. Remember the magnetic lights since M105's are 24V. :wink:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also remember to bring a bumper jack or high-lift jack. Even with an adjustable pintle, the factory landing gear won't crank low enough. Standard pintle height for that trailer is 36"

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Holy moly, isn't that an M4 Sherman in the background?!

dittle

Yeah I saw that Sherman in the background also. Its a little rough, but I'm sure that with a little work you could have it up and running again.

Srjeeper

Dan, welcome to SS and congrats on the 105 win. You need to remember that this trailer weighs in around 2,500lbs. so you won't be throwing this around by hand much.

Good luck and be careful.. :D

dittle

I got looking into this trailer some more and noticed that this trailer is supposed to have an air over hydraulic brake system on it. Will this system work with my civi truck or do I need to convert it to a different brake system?

BobM

clinto said:
Holy moly, isn't that an M4 Sherman in the background?!
Yeah I don't wanna hijack this thread, but WHEN is that sherman being auctioned?

BTW: Congrats on getting the trailer. Instead of converting the brakes, all you need is some OD green to pull it! :wink:

kurtkds

The brakes won't work unless you have an air system that will send an air pulse to the trailer. There is a Pintle surge brake system that you could adapt to the trailer.

dittle

BobM,

I doubt they will auction the Sherman off, they probably don't even realize they still have it.

Kurtkds,

Thanks for the info.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the GL rep is not looking, move the auction stickers from your trailer to the Sherman. Then tell the guy or gal, "Here it is, just like it was shown in the pics on your website." rofl

dittle

Do you think it would be a little hard on the Sherman's bogies running down the interstate at 70 if I did that :driver:

kcimb

dittle said:
Do you think it would be a little hard on the Sherman's bogies running down the interstate at 70 if I did that :driver:
I would be more worried about your poor wittle f350 if it managed to get up that fast! :shock: