• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW OE STYLE ISOLATED GROUND CUCV 12 VOLT 100 AMP ALTERNATOR

2AForever

I went ahead and installed the (gen 1) rare electrical alternator. When it came to the ground
wire connection I installed it on where the same bolt the bad alt was. Turn key on and no (gen 1) light, so I
switched it to the other bolt, I turn the key on and both gen lights on, and engine cranks up as it should
and both gen lights off.

My question is, what is this bad remy alternator that was in there? Is this someones attempt
at saving some money and did some kind of conversion? Side by Side pics below. Nevertheless it was
a learning experience, from testing to finding the problem, getting the part, and installation.

Plan is order another rare electric, place it on standby, rebuild the remy (maybe) and find the actually bad component.

Is the remy worth rebuilding? or should I save the rebuild kit for future use, to me the remy is an oddball, like
it doesn't belong. Am I wrong? or is it how they used to build them?

The rare electric is doing fine y'all

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks