• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New or refurbished Injector Pump, where...?!

TG5446

I just got one from Pensacola Diesel. They are extremely friendly and helpful and the price is great! I am working on the swap out now, so I can't speak to build quality yet, however, it seems very well done. (I even double checked some torque specs)

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got one from Pensacola Diesel. They are extremely friendly and helpful and the price is great! I am working on the swap out now, so I can't speak to build quality yet, however, it seems very well done. (I even double checked some torque specs)
So...how much is a good price ?
I looked at there site...no Hmmwv pumps, but I guess they could have them.

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mechanical or electronic? Probably several dozen sources across the nation which offers rebuild services. I needed a mechanical unit for my P400 install in my M1028. I shopped the hail out of it and spent considerable time on other forums and on the phone with a few of the more well known outfits. I finally settled an a completely rebuilt DH2831-4911 mechanical 200 HP pump from Huckstorf Diesel for $625. Just my 2cents.

TG5446

Alright, so full disclosure, I am not a mechanic. I'm just a regular guy that has an m998 and likes to get my hands dirty. So take my advice for what its worth. However, I picked up the IP from Pensacola Diesel from eBay. The price was $395.00 with a $150 core charge, that they will only charge you if you fail to return the old IP within 30 days. I called them to confirm that I was getting the correct IP before ordering. They sent me a reman HD IP that was set up for 12V. I could not find any other difference in the pump other than that. I'll have to assume that the HD pump will suffice for my needs internally. Externally, you will need to swap out the 12v fuel shut off solenoid. This can be accomplished by swapping the top cover from your existing IP onto the new one. The top cover houses the solenoid and the requisite electrical connections. You will also have to swap over some miscellaneous bracketry and electrical components, but you would have to do that for any application. Just as an added perq, while I had the IP off I turned up the fuel delivery slightly. I know that there are probably mixed feelings on this, but I was conservative with the adjustment. My hope is that this will wake up my 6.2 a little. You can always readjust, once you put the IP back on, but it's so much easier to do through the side inspection plate while the IP is removed. I apologize if you already know all of this, but hopefully, it helps you to get what you need.

Edit-Sorry, just realized that my response was to someone who probably knew all of this, Well, hopefully it will help others...

Last edited:

TG5446

Well, doing it was easy, but I'm halfway through the re-install process on the IP. (I had to replace the number 4 fuel line and I'm still waiting on it) and I work outside and at night, so the weather is a big issue for me getting anything done. I'll definitely update on that once I get it running.

Speaking of the #4 fuel line, I have one on backorder, but would gladly cancel that order and get it from somewhere else if anyone had a good source.

Action

Alright, so full disclosure, I am not a mechanic. I'm just a regular guy that has an m998 and likes to get my hands dirty. So take my advice for what its worth. However, I picked up the IP from Pensacola Diesel from eBay. The price was $395.00 with a $150 core charge, that they will only charge you if you fail to return the old IP within 30 days. I called them to confirm that I was getting the correct IP before ordering. They sent me a reman HD IP that was set up for 12V. I could not find any other difference in the pump other than that. I'll have to assume that the HD pump will suffice for my needs internally. Externally, you will need to swap out the 12v fuel shut off solenoid. This can be accomplished by swapping the top cover from your existing IP onto the new one. The top cover houses the solenoid and the requisite electrical connections. You will also have to swap over some miscellaneous bracketry and electrical components, but you would have to do that for any application. Just as an added perq, while I had the IP off I turned up the fuel delivery slightly. I know that there are probably mixed feelings on this, but I was conservative with the adjustment. My hope is that this will wake up my 6.2 a little. You can always readjust, once you put the IP back on, but it's so much easier to do through the side inspection plate while the IP is removed. I apologize if you already know all of this, but hopefully, it helps you to get what you need.

Edit-Sorry, just realized that my response was to someone who probably knew all of this, Well, hopefully it will help others...
Swapping the top to a rebuilt pump is OK, as long as the electrical stuff isn't what was wrong with it in the first place...

TG5446

Action-So true! It Ohm'd alright and having the engine not shut off, wasn't the problem, keeping it running was, but you are completely right. Luckily I guess swapping that part out is fairly easy compared to a total IP replacement. I will try and look at the bright side.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used Pensacola Diesel a few times. I'm very happy with their work. I installed new injectors from them on my M1028 a while back. But one injector leaked around the body and nozzle. I called them up and the overnighted me one at no charge. They really surprised me with the great customer service.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks