• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Owner 923A1!!!

Moosemcnally

So this weekend, after months of looking on GL and having all these grand plans I found my new truck 2 hours from home. This weekend I packed up all my recovery equipment and off we went. My kit included
WD40
2 Crescent wrenches
Bailing Wire
Duct Tape and....
A certified full time (ex army) diesel mechanic.

That last item on my list was way useful. We also used the crescent wrench and the WD40

We checked it out for about two hours before I got the thumbs up from the mechanic friend. I dropped some cash, grabbed a title, and we were off to the races. Three hour trip in 100 degree heat and she did great!IMG_0300.jpgIMG_0312.jpgIMG_0321.jpgIMG_0307.jpg

On the pre-inspection. We had one issue with the air brakes not wanting to come up above 70 psi. But it also wouldn't go below 70 psi. The commute we had was rural to say the least and had no serious grade so we watched the gauges and went home slow. Mechanic friend read a bunch in the TMs on the way home and thinks it is an easy fix.

So now I am looking to trade an Xl (front right) for an AT-2 so all the tires match! Then we will go through it with a fine tooth comb and makes sure everything is sound!!!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome and it looks like a nice truck and glad you made it home safe.
Do you need a soft top and frame for the cab? Pm me if your interested.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would suspect your air pressure issue is the dryer purge valve sticking. It can be pushed up manually. Many threads on the 5 ton forum on the air dryer sticking and re-building it is pretty easy.

Welcome to the madness!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks