• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New owner of a AM General M936 Wrecker in Oklahoma

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and hobby, You need to read the applicable T.M.s And buy a nice big tub of grease! for your lube gun, I like to use a Graphite grease on ( All of ) mine. Post up some pictures of your acquisition when you can.

Flyingvan911

Welcome from Kansas City, MO. Be sure to look up the threads on the KAMO rally help each fall at the D-Day Adventure Park in Wyandotte, OK. Nice looking wrecker!

Csm Davis

Okay Stanley do you already own a wrecker service?
Like the truck looks like a new paint job or complete rebuild.
If you need any of the BII give me a ring.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well, I'm not Stanley, my name is Corey I am the Fleet Maintenance Manager/ Shop Foreman. I take care of all 50 of Stanley's Vehicles. Included are Light Duty, Med Duty, Heavy Duty Wreckers, Roll Backs, Dozer, 5 semi tractors, 2 skid steers, and a host of trailers and other vehicles, across to sites.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm not Stanley, my name is Corey I am the Fleet Maintenance Manager/ Shop Foreman. I take care of all 50 of Stanley's Vehicles. Included are Light Duty, Med Duty, Heavy Duty Wreckers, Roll Backs, Dozer, 5 semi tractors, 2 skid steers, and a host of trailers and other vehicles, across to sites.
So what is their planed use for this truck ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I will be on the I35 corridor on Wednesday headed to Ft. Hood if you have any issues.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

In NW Oklahoma 95% of the roads are dirt, we have a dozer for semi tractors and trailers, and 4x4 wreckers, we just needed something in the middle for say UPS/FEDEX vans and larger pickups (2500/3500).
Semi tractor and trailer rates to leave the yard is $200 per/hr 3hr min.
4x4 wrecker is $100 for a winch out.

Csm Davis

Corey I think your driver's should not have any real surprises, the -10 TM covers basic operator controls but your guys are going to fuss about the level of manual labor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be advised that the LF tire looks like it has been flat for some time. If mine, I would rotate it to the rear or replace before taking on the highway. Otherwise, the wrecker looks like in good shape.

I'd also recommend installing a valve on the suction side of the hydraulic tank in case of a hose burst (draining the 100 gallon tank while operating on the highway would be a legal nightmare). The hoses should also be closely inspected or just replaced for the same reason.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good Cory and sorry in advance but you are going to be Stanley more often than Cory. LOL

Ok guys the new truck got home 6am this morning!
Looks like it was at Red River Depot - TACOM in 2008 and has only had about 800 miles since it was in 2008
Can anyone help me figure out a couple things with this truck?
1. What unit and where it came from?
W81JTH
2. What year this truck was made, Red River did not stamp the delivery date on the new plate.
NL0AF C53600214
3. Where do I find a list of what filters it uses? ie. oil, air, hyd, air dryer, water they are all painted over!
Thank you!