• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Owner!

KitchenCannon

Hi guys,
I am now the new owner of an M35A3!
Picked it up Friday and pulled my MKT about 100 miles to there new home.

Now that I have it, I know it needs some TLC as it has some gauges that do not work and I suspect I am going to need to dig into the air system and rebuild the air pack.
The brakes were REALLY sketchy so its either pads or air and I suspect its condensation in the air system.

Any ideas where I can get a rebuild kit for the Air pack and where I can fine troubleshooting the gauges?
I dug through some of the TM's but didnt see a whole lot specifically dealing with the cluster.

Wish me luck guys I am going in!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi guys,
I am now the new owner of an M35A3!
Picked it up Friday and pulled my MKT about 100 miles to there new home.

Now that I have it, I know it needs some TLC as it has some gauges that do not work and I suspect I am going to need to dig into the air system and rebuild the air pack.
The brakes were REALLY sketchy so its either pads or air and I suspect its condensation in the air system.

Any ideas where I can get a rebuild kit for the Air pack and where I can fine troubleshooting the gauges?
I dug through some of the TM's but didnt see a whole lot specifically dealing with the cluster.

Wish me luck guys I am going in!
Well by gosh and begorra, Welcome to the Outfit!

Be sure to download the TM's (Technical Manuals) for your new-to-you truck. There is lots of information and even some step by step troubleshooting in those crusty, boring old books. Maybe bathroom reading or something to put you to sleep with. In all reality though, they will help you a lot.

There are several vendors on the site that advertise MV parts and their links will take you there to shop. You might look in the CLASSIFIED section too. Parts for Sale is a fine place to look - and if you want to buy - post your wants there.

Snag a few pictures and post them. That will get us motivated to offer up suggestions as you go along in your discovery phase.

Once again, welcome to the group!

HDN

Congratulations on your new-to-you truck! I really enjoy my M35A3 and hope you do too!

Also... nopics

Make sure you have all the M35A2 TMs as well since the M35A3 TMs make a lot of references to the A2 books. Anything different from the M35A2 is going to be in the M35A3 TMs. Anything unchanged from the M35A2 is going to be in the M35A2 TMs.

ToddJK

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new to you truck.
Like the others said, the tech manuals are your best friend.
When it comes to the gauges, most likely it'll all be in the trouble shooting section, but it breaks down everything step by step and really helps to find the issue.
Another thing, you want a wire or electrical tester, sometimes the wires are so brittle, they will break and the insulation cover is keeping it on, camouflaging the issue.
And we need pics too!

KitchenCannon

Congratulations on your new-to-you truck! I really enjoy my M35A3 and hope you do too!

Also... nopics

Make sure you have all the M35A2 TMs as well since the M35A3 TMs make a lot of references to the A2 books. Anything different from the M35A2 is going to be in the M35A3 TMs. Anything unchanged from the M35A2 is going to be in the M35A2 TMs.

AH I did download those A2 books but had not got into them yet. That makes sense so thank you!

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a fine looking truck! Congratulations, and welcome to the site. The TMs are helpful, and full of information. Navigating them can also be confusing at times. Don't hesitate to ask, if you get stuck. Somebody will have the answer. Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks