• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New paint finally done on latest bobber

ranchhopper

Finally got the three color done on the truck today it goes to the media blaster this next week to have the over spray blasted off the rear tires. The paint on those rear tires is so thick they must have used a roller to put it on now just waiting for the LED clearance lights I ordered and I have to install the LED tail lights this afternoon then Im done and I can finally just drive it around poofstock here we come.

Attachments

ranchhopper

The whole thing looks good. NOW COME DO MINE.:beer:
PS clean them tires.
This truck represents many hours of work until dark after I come home from my regular job this is my LAST one I keep saying that but my bad back wont handle another one. I wanted something different to build for myself thats why the 1102 bed its a pain to use them they are kind of like a unibody most bolts have to go through the cross pieces and they are square tube stock so very long bolts are the only option. I like the updated lighting on the bed I am going to put a LED clearance light on the side of the front light guards for good all around visibility.

Truckoholic

Very nice! I think it looks really good with that 1101/1102 bed on there. Still haven't really figured out the difference between the 1101 and 1102 trailers. But yeah, it looks awesome!

I can't wait to get my 67 the way I want it so I can just drive it. Right now I'm too paranoid to drive it around too much because it's so ugly. ha ha Although even with multiple colors and layers of paint peeling off, I still get more people interested in it and coming over looking at it and things then I ever did with my nicely painted M813a1. Kind of funny.

But yeah, your truck is gonna attract some major attention everywhere you go! Looks good!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There phycially isnt a difference between the 1101 and 1102. It has to do with the vehicle that is towing the trailer.. Very nice bobber. What did you do with the leftover trailer parts?

ranchhopper

There phycially isnt a difference between the 1101 and 1102. It has to do with the vehicle that is towing the trailer.. Very nice bobber. What did you do with the leftover trailer parts?
I still have the axle and heavy shocks used for the suspension for sale I sold the surge brake to a member here already I have the new set of tires and rims that were on it for sale too.

oddshot

That is one snappy looking little pick up truck!

What is the bed from?

Can you fit any kind of top or tarp on it?

Does the tailgate hang down flat?

oddshot

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is one SHARP looking vehicle, Kevin! :drool: Congrats! :beer: Hope you enjoy! How is the back doing? Ya do some good work my friend, darn good work!
God bless and congrats again!
Tony:)

ranchhopper

That is one snappy looking little pick up truck!

What is the bed from?

Can you fit any kind of top or tarp on it?

Does the tailgate hang down flat?

oddshot
The bed is from an 1102 humvee trailer all aluminum tailgate goes down flat with two cables to hold it level like a pick up tailgate. The trailer came with bows and a tarp when I bought it.

ranchhopper

That is one SHARP looking vehicle, Kevin! :drool: Congrats! :beer: Hope you enjoy! How is the back doing? Ya do some good work my friend, darn good work!
God bless and congrats again!
Tony:)
Thanks Tony I have been driving it around today finally able to enjoy it but my back says this is the last one Im tired of hobbling around like an 80 year old after sitting or laying on the couch for a few minutes.

ranchhopper

Although its hard to tell ... it looks a bit shorter then a bob using a M 105 Trailer.

Do you have any idea of the wheelbase?

cpot
The rear axle is exactly where the stock set up was I was able to use the stock driveshaft the axle sits right under where the rubber bumper for the front axle is attached to the bottom frame flange. The 105 bed has the wheel opening centered in the trailer where the 1102 trailer has the wheel opening in the back third of the bed. The wheel base is shorter than when useing a 105 bed because the others I did with the 105 bed I had to have the stock drive shaft lengthened best part of the 1102 bed is no overhang on the rear like useing the 105 bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks