• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Paint Finally Done

ctmustang

Finally got the truck done a few days ago. After 3.5 mos. of tearing down -sandblasting-priming - painting-going through axles all the brakes allnew cylinders seals etc. And then finally putting it all back together again. I need a new tailgate but other than that I'm happy with it. Ran out of 24087 so wheels will have to live with rustoleum until the spring. I'll take better pics later.
Enjoy CTMustang

Attachments

ctmustang

No jay- I'm not selling. Way too much time and sweat in this one. I have gotten kinda attached to this one. The 5 ton will have to wait unless someone has a really nice m818 with a deuce bed on it or something like that for a trade! I'm finally getting some use out of the fresh engine uncle Sam installed before I picked it up at GL!

StoneMill

Your Deuce looks great. Your swaying me towards the 24087. Did you thin the paint? I was worried about 24087 being too glossy but it looks perfect in your pics. 24087 vs 34052 :roll: hmm... I can't decide :roll:

ctmustang

GCI24087 thins 4-1. It sprayed great. When it first went on it looked really brown but by the time I got around to reassembling the truck and paint cured some it litened up alot. I really like the 24087 look there's not enough trucks around in their original color.:-D

badgmc56

If you use the correct reducer, xylene or mineral spirits, the 24087 won't be to glossy. Great job and nice looking truck.

Last edited:

ctmustang

Yep I used xylene and it went great. At 4-1 mix you would really have to try hard to make it run. The 1 thing I noticed on this paint is you need to do at least 4 good coats.

GoHot229

Wow it looks great, I'm not too far behind you. Did you get the decals? from 67beast? I think they look good with a ding here or there, little stuff, it keeps the personality intact. Serriously, "Not sarcasm" I promise,,, I'v got a couple imperfections I'll keep as charactor on mine as well. The paint and markings look SO good! outstanding, your goin'a sell it now? awwww well someones going to get a sweet Deuce, and you can be on to a new project I 'spose.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see super nice trucks like this and I am inspired to go out and turn wrenches on mine.

dittle

Good looking truck. Did you do the interior as well and if so can you post some pictures of it as well? I personally like the black rims over any other color but either way it will look good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks