• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Paint Job

M35A2

I've decided to restore my Land Rover Defender 110 FFR's paint job to the one it had in the first Gulf War.

It's been black and green since I bought it at auction back in 1998. A change is as good as a rest as they say, so I've got one gallon of British Standard 361 Light Stone paint (the official British Armed Forces Desert paint colour) on order.

I've done most of the prep, but still need to do the small bits.

Pictures to follow.

M35A2

Did my lightweight in 686 tan which I'm told is the U.S. copy of the Brits desert tan. I sold it before I got around to installing the inverted V on the doors

Hello Bill,

That's a very nice looking Lightweight you have there. The Lightweight was my first Military Vehicle back in 1990. Mine was 24v. Has this vehicle still got it's original 2 1/4 petrol engine?

I bet they are a very rare vehicle in the States aren't they? So why did you sell it?

Thanks for the pictures

Andy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks