• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New paint on a M1009

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't even tell where the bed liner ends and the paint starts! I bet CARNAC will be happy.:beer:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You bet!!!

Chief does excellent work. Even CHoW's initial reaction was "Oh My God!".

Keep in mind this was a truck that was sitting in a scrap metal yard that the guy said it wouldn't start. Put in one of my spare starters and drove it out to Chief. So he's taken it from what I'll call (I'm coining this term) "SALVAGE TO SPECTACULAR". Oh, I just got to thinking, I wonder if we have before pictures.

Can't wait to pick it up. It'll will get a quick work out soon after pickup. It's about 1500 miles. DQ rode out with me on the first trip but the next one will be solo.

THANKS CHIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I know the truck is done and is enroute to TX with CARNAC at the wheel--Where's the pictures!:grd:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The truck is absolutely beautiful...uh wait, uh, uh in a manly way. Chief and Andy definately outdid themselves on this truck. It is MAGNIFICIENT!!!! I jumped in and fired it up yesterday morning. I went home and packed and now in Dallas. Heading for El Paso in the morning. Wish I could take pictures but no camera.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We put in about 250 hr. in it .Also had new brakes, serviced trans. & rear ends new trans mount. I can't rember all that was done to it.
AEC Wright Retired.

Hollowman

Twright,
That's a really impressive result on your truck! I've been wishing I could redo mine but Im at a loss as.to where to take it. I'd do it myself but for all the limitations, no space, can't get the CARC, no experience, new baby at home. I'm looking for someone to do the work near me in the Cleveland Ohio area. Bigflew, being in Michigan, do you have any sources? Most importantly, what should I expect a job like that to cost? Thanks for any input, and really great work!

Regards,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks