• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Paint

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Well, after much debate I rattle canned the Deuce. And what better to do right after that? That's right, straight to a car show. We had a weekend airshow/car show in Rome Ga. It was a lot of fun and everybody has a story about their "Deuce" experience. It really is a piece of living history.
I had a guy with a really nice MUTT and trailer park next to me. The two of us had the only two pieces of iron that people were allowed to touch and sit in. It was a great time.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good. So the next question is-how many spray cans does it take to paint a duece???

Bill W

Civie car show displayers hate it when Mil vehicles show up as they get ALL the attention!
Your Deuce looks great

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks real nice! It is amazing how many people comment at a show, of their experience or connection to a deuce. And the kids love them too. [thumbzup]

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
It took 3 cases of green 383 rattle cans and a case and a half of black and a case and a half of brown. I used rustoleum rusty primer in spots but not mutch. I will say that I hope the Chemical Agent Resistant Coating doesn't soak up chemicals like it does paint. That stuff was like a sponge.
I ordered stencils yesterday and that should finish the outside. Next I'm doing the interior.

Manstein

Chaplain Emeritus
Bill, you're right about the Civie owners. They have a lot of anger management issues. In order to break into their world of open hoods and undercarrage mirrors I think at the next show I will bring some scaffolding for easy viewing of the engine compartment so that everyone can enjoy the awesome 465 power plant. I think I'll Armorall the tires too. Then on the way out, drive over their junk!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks