• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Paint

Vondy

Anyone ever thought about painting one in the new Digi pattern, or would that be a MV crime? The last Army uniform I wore was Digi so I thought it might be kinda cool.

dragman

I bought 2 spray cans also, it matches perfect........Lets you get into tight places.........A friend of mine owns a sign shop, he did the stars for the hood and doors. I put them on Today, he is doing the rest i need..........Looks kinda cool.......I have to do the interior next....The seats are in fine shape........I don't think PCTRANS would know its the same he sold me.......Thanks all who like it...Im having a lot of fun with it....:p

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. Our outside painting is over Up-North. Blizzard conditions for the next three days. I guess God is going to paint my Deuce white!:p
Interesting that your mentioned the WHITE theme....

Does anyone have pics of the all white MVs used in northern Alaska in the mid- to late 1970's:?: In my one trip to the arctic, I recall the all white (Including TIRES) wheeled vehicles coming out to the C-130 for support ops.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That looks outstanding! I can't wait to see your next "rush" job!

Really does look good. How'd you clean and prep the front axle?

dragman

I used whats called "Turbo D", its like Simple Green, you put it in a spray bottle, spray her down, let it sit for a bit, ( 15 min. )........then you pressure wash it down......works real good, we use it on our old cars and prep wash on new cars/trucks we paint. Before and after sanding........Don't want any "fish eyes".........A guy stopped by today,wants to buy it now that i got it painted. I shot him a high price, i hope he does not come up with the money...I really don't want to sell.....only hade it for a month.......Don't think i will sell.......:cry: