• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New paint!!!

67_C-30

...On my M1009 Nitro Truck!;) I ordered 2 bodies, a Chevy truck body and a Blazer body. I started with the truck body, and I'm going to paint the Blazer body next. I kinda went with a topless Blazer look on the truck. I cut out the rear window. I attempted the NATO 3 color pattern, but I didn't really figure out my little airbrush kit until I was almost done. I think the Blazer body will turn out better. Here's some pics of it (on the hood of the real M1009, no less)

Attachments

67_C-30

A nitro Savage with single shocks, are those the Flux shocks? That is definitely cool. Glen

No, they are stockers with heavy oil and stiffer springs and couple of spacers on the rear. I put a LRP ZR.30 engine on it, and it just insane. I played with all different combinations of springs, and this was best solution I have found to at least somewhat keep it on the ground. The LRP engine would make it backflip when it hit second gear with the stock dual shocks and springs. I put the soft red springs on it and it got better, and this helped it even more. I can still forget nailing it from dead stop. I have changed clutch bells and spur gears to take some gear out, and I still can't find a way to keep it down. Got any tips? The ZR.30 is rated at 4.12HP (which you know how those ratings are) and it is by far the strongest engine we've seen. I friend of mine bought a new XL, and was bragging about the big .36/5.9cc engine that comes on it, and this ZR.30 will skull drag it.-lol

1986Blazerk5

...On my M1009 Nitro Truck!;) I ordered 2 bodies, a Chevy truck body and a Blazer body. I started with the truck body, and I'm going to paint the Blazer body next. I kinda went with a topless Blazer look on the truck. I cut out the rear window. I attempted the NATO 3 color pattern, but I didn't really figure out my little airbrush kit until I was almost done. I think the Blazer body will turn out better. Here's some pics of it (on the hood of the real M1009, no less)
Looks cool, does that also have the 6.2:-D? how does it do off road with the big toys

67_C-30

Looks cool, does that also have the 6.2:-D? how does it do off road with the big toys

No, its got way more power than a 6.2!;) It will do wheelies, backflips, and will pull the tires off the ground when it shifts into 2nd gear! :p It probably won't go where the big 'un will go though.

Of course it does go through glow plugs (which cost exactly as much as a 6.2 GP, ironically) and its WAY worse on fuel and the fuel costs $35 a gallon!:-x:sad:

Last edited:

Nonotagain

That is so cool! Add some flattener to the paint and you will be spot on![thumbzup]
You can add all the flattener you want but the paint job is still going to appear glossy.

RC car bodies are painted on the inside, so the gloss you are seeing is the plastic on the outside.

A light blasting with walnut shells will dull the plastic gloss.

I've got a nitro powered boat that on my radar gun goes over 60mph on flat water. I was out on our little cove running the boat on 1/8 mile circles when the boat jumped out of the water and rolled hard. Got in the row boat to recover the pieces when I found the culprit for the flip. I hit a blue crab that was on the surface and flipped the boat five or six times. The crabs shell had the marking from the propeller across the shell.

67_C-30

You can add all the flattener you want but the paint job is still going to appear glossy.

RC car bodies are painted on the inside, so the gloss you are seeing is the plastic on the outside.

A light blasting with walnut shells will dull the plastic gloss.

I've got a nitro powered boat that on my radar gun goes over 60mph on flat water. I was out on our little cove running the boat on 1/8 mile circles when the boat jumped out of the water and rolled hard. Got in the row boat to recover the pieces when I found the culprit for the flip. I hit a blue crab that was on the surface and flipped the boat five or six times. The crabs shell had the marking from the propeller across the shell.
Wow that is awesome! I'd like to know what the crab was thinking!rofl
I'd love to have a nitro boat!

Right I put the ZR.30 on mine, I wrecked it HARD. I've wrecked it before, but nothing like I did this time. I was showing out for a friend of our's over at my brother's house (like an idiot), and I went about 50 yards up the road, and decided to do a blast down the road. It hit a rock in the road that I didn't see after it had shifted into 3rd and it kicked sideways and ran off the road and hit aa concrete drainage ditch. It hit dead square and nearly destroyed it. I though intially it was just the frame sides, fuel tank and front driveshaft, but after I started taking it apart it broke the front diff, bent the LH front axle, bulkhead, battery tray, steering servo, bent my tuned pipe, destroyed the body and even bent the aluminum tie bars under the motor plate. It hit so hard that it spit out most of the little clips that hold the body, fuel tank, battery cover etc. on the ground. The only ones that didn't come out was the ones that the loops were rearward. After over $100 worth of parts to fix, LESSON LEARNED - I ain't turning that bad boy loose in street anymore! I will still get out there burp the throttle, and do some wheelies, and small jumps, but I'm not holding much past second gear. Too many obstacles! I'll stick to taking it down to the old air strip to string it out now!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks