• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New pics and something for Bjorn too.

Desert Rat

Here's some pics of the trailer in her new home along with some pics of the receiver for Bjorn.

In Florida:

For Bjorn:

I've been busy!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to believe a month ago that trailer was on its side in my yard. Considering what it's been through here with the hurricane, it looks great. I'm glad its found it's place in the woods and will be the new home of the Rat Pack!

Desert Rat

Bjorn,

These are the bolts included in the kit. I was pushed for time. As soon as I can get it done I'm replacing them with grade 8s. BP, the lights were Kenny's idea. They worked well.

ajg6989

I drilled out four more holes so I got 8 bolts all together 4 on each side of the reciever. did you have any problems with the air line above the holes in the frame? It was alot of work just to get the bolts in the holes.

Desert Rat

If you look in the last pic. you can see one bolt is shorter than the others because of the air line being in the way. Actually getting the nuts and bolts on was the easy part. Drilling the holes with a sleeveless shirt and getting burns from the shards was the difficult part.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Didn't comment on your RV B4, but it's beauty! A person (or two) could live there permanently.

About the screws, why not turn them around, but then again, I'm probably missing something obvious?

Bjorn

FSBruva

Bjorn-

Flipping the stock bolts would require drilling square holes in the frame for the carriage bolts. I am guessing the replacement grade 8 bolts will have hex heads to avoid that issue.

Matt

ajg6989

I used a black and decker titanium coated bit and it went right through the frame using a craftsman 19.2 volt drill. used the 2 holes already there to line up the hitch.

moosebgy

How much room do you have between the deuce and the trailer for turning and maybe a little off camber if you go off road? I'm thinking of doing the same to mine down the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks