• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New pics, no headlights or choke...

rottiedog

I worked on the new M880 all day today. Got rid of the camper shell. Took it for a ride and it stalled three times at 50 + mph. Didn't like that too much. I think the carb is the problem (already replaced the filter and pump).

It doesn't idle too well and I don't think the choke is working too well.

The little "yellow" plastic piece doesn't seem to do its job. It seems to work when I manually move it but it doesn't seem to do it on its own. Should the connection on the other side of the carb be pulling it down (the piece that goes from the carb to the manifold on passenger side.)

I think a new carb is in my future.

Headlights are not working. I replaced both of them and still no go. No fuse for them. Manual says it has a circuit breaker but where whould it be.

I can't find all my manuals and TMs from when I had my last M880 and have just started downloading them again.

Tranny is working great now after adding almost four quarts. Thanks for the help on that one.

Brakes are working now. They were kind of working before but were dragging. Completely changed the brake fluid and all is well.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cutting out at high speed is a fuel starvation problem. Mine does that when the fuel filter is getting plugged. It can be the in-tank screen plugged with goo. Blow through the hose on top of the tank with your mouth, should blow easily. Various chassis fuel hoses can be collapsed internally. The "yellow" cam is for cold start high idle, it should move freely. The headlight problem depends on if you have the BO lamp MWO or not. If so, the power for the headlights goes through the 3 lever switch, check that out first.

ddgeramcharger79

with my dads m880.. in the summer time if he really gets on it.. like when hes going down the interstate it starts to sputter really badly and loose power.. its the fuel pump with his..

now in the winter and fall it runs like a champ.

also in the summer when he starts up a steep hill in 4w hi, it sputters to the point of stalling.. the only way he can get up the hill is by putting it in 1st gear and 4wd LO.

rottiedog

Replaced the carb. Now the choke works. Replaced the fuel pump already and the filter twice. Second time was with a clear one so I can see what is going through.

I think NDT is on to the problem. I think the problem is in the tank or lines. Going to replace all lines and pull the tank. I WISH I DIDN'T JUST FILL IT UP!!

Also replaced the harmonic balancer because the chunks of rubber that were falling out. That REALLY smoothed up the idle!!

I cleaned out the radiator. Lots of gunk!

Question: Since I am pulling the tank, does anyone know were to get a new pickup/float? I'd like to fix it for good.....

N1265

That is the best shipping order I have seen for these trucks, Keep it in good shape...

You can still get the floats on e-bay, ( aftermarket ) and I was told that they are the same brass floats that ford used during the same time period.

I just got one for free from my local dodge dealer, they had it sitting on the shelf for years but could not sell it as new because when it was shipped to them it got a dent in it. If you feel lucky, you might want to take the time to visit your local dealer.

I agree with the previous post, your problem may be with the screen in the tank. you wont know till you pull it or blow it off the end of the pickup tube, I did not replace mine when I put it back together and have not had any problems.

The only circuit breaker for the head light is in the 3 lever black out switch , they do go bad and could be the problem. there is a 10 amp ( parking lamp relay ) mounted next to the fuse panel, it is an add on from dodge for their trucks with a towing package ( and M880s ) and only controls the parking lights ( in case you were running a trailer with a million lights ) it does not effect the head lights but will kill all parking / running lights whet it trips. If the only thing that is not working is the headlights, and you have replaced the switch ( civilian ) then check the GROUND wires on the radiator support, there is one by the washer tank and one by the stock horn. If all the light do not work, then make sure there is power to the 3 lever switch, the lead ( big black wire ) goes straight to the fuse box.

there, that should keep you busy for 15 min...;-)

rottiedog

It did say some town on the door but can't remember what. It's green now. Kids love the light bar. Wife hates it. Might be trading this one for an M16A4. Have another that is in great shape but is bright yellow. Kids are calling it the baywatch truck. Almost no rust at all. This one got a real paint job. Not a roller job like the red one had.

Might even stay yellow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks