• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New pictures

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking truck. The GMC tailgate looks a little out of place. Does it have the troop seats down or were they missing?

cessnatwin

Truthfully I have not seen many CUCV's that I would want to own, that is nice, good job! You are just over the bridge, that is too cool, come over and hang out with us sometime!

1984CUCV

Thanks for the compliments. The truck is an A1 model out of Fort Gordan Ga. It did not come with a tailgate so I added one. Not really paying attention until after I painted it - it was for a GMC (d'oh). CUCVs were built at the same place the GMCs were made so it is not that big of deal to me. Yeah the truck has been painted with CARC original paint - I wanted something different and this is what I ended up with.

jimmy-90

I like the aftermarket steering wheel. I noticed it looks a little bit smaller than the stock one. I always wondered why the steering wheels in the cucv's sit so low or why the seats sit so high. Does the different size wheel make it more comfortable to drive for long periods in? Also I noticed the set of 37's sitting in the bed. Are you planning to make it bigger? Anyhow it looks great!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the aftermarket steering wheel. I noticed it looks a little bit smaller than the stock one. I always wondered why the steering wheels in the cucv's sit so low or why the seats sit so high. Does the different size wheel make it more comfortable to drive for long periods in? Also I noticed the set of 37's sitting in the bed. Are you planning to make it bigger? Anyhow it looks great!
I have the 4 spoke Camaro/ Vega GT wheel in my M1008. It's considerably smaller and makes driving much nicer. Works Great!

1984CUCV

The stock steering wheel just did not do anything for me so I added a Grant I got off ebay for like $20. I like it as it is a lot beefer than the stock one. I guess it comes down to preference. I have the troop seats I just took them out as I am replacing the wood. I hope to do a 4-6 inch lift in the very near future so I can add my 36" OZ tires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks