• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Place for Lift Blocks-

Westech

CPL
I would not do it. I have seen lift blocks crack and or get "spit" out in 4" half ton truck lifts. no way with that big of a truck and tire.... your asking for it. Now having said that I think that guy is a member here.

jeli

At least the front springs were done right. My arms ache from just thinking about turning 52"s without power steering!!!!

HookAChain

I would definately go about the lift a different way, I'm not very big on blocks especially if its your only type of lift on a truck. The Dodge is a poorly designed setup IMO. That truck is in desperate need of a 4 link and either coilovers, airbags, or nitro shocks. Or at least just buy lift leaves insted of trying to utilize stock leaf springs....but they most commonly give the poorest ride(depending on amount of lift, spring design, and setup). I'd feel safer by far riding in the deuce rather than that dodge assembled with that suspension setup.

weewillywinky

BTW, the raised deuce looks good. From what I can see in the pictures, it appears the frame plates were extended and supported internally. I'd need more details to be sure; but it looks reasonable at first glance. I notice that the driveline looks straighter in one picture. a lot of work for big tires.

CCATLETT1984

rear blocks would be okay in that instance, if first they were solid steel blocks, and second they were fully welded to both the frame and the suspension support.

the rods look to have been cut in the middle of their length, then a tube sleeve was placed in the middle and was hopefully fully welded.