• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new poster needs M105A2 info

Goldy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a M105A2 and am trying to learn all about it. The trailer is amazing but every one who sees it tells me a different story. Many of my questions will be answered when the TM I ordered arrives but one thing I want to know is did these ever come with seats? If so is there a source? My knowledge is skimpy because I was a sailor and we didn't have many trailers on board. Any help would be appreciated.
Goldy

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
No seats, and most insurance companies wouldn't let you haul people in one,even in a parade. The manual is in our manual section forum and is free to down load.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1749.jpgGoldy I'll tell ya another story. As MWMULES stated, look up the TM for the M105A2 here, follow the TM, and do a PM on your trailer. If your trailer has one, pay special attention to the separation valve (picture). They can go bad internally and your brakes will perform poorly. It's an inconspicuous item that is easily overlooked. I assume you'll be pulling your trailer with an MV, so, hook up your trailer, turn on the air, and if you don't hear any air leaks, press down on your trucks brake pedal and then let off on the pedal. You should hear a noise similar to a baby crying. That means your separation valve is working, and probably your brakes as well. I had poor braking performance after I rebuilt my trailers brakes. So I used this test to check my separation valve, and the separation valve was quiet. I replaced my separation valve, and now it cries like a baby, and my brakes work. Hope this helps, and good luck with your new trailer.

Last edited:

tobyS

Many of the 105s have been handled with a fork truck and the above actuator breaks at the pipe thread to the tank. MWMules answered about seats. Note the tires are not rated for today's highway speeds, but if your pulling with a mil vehicle...neither are most of them.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Goldy, welcome to the site and hobby!

Here's a helpful thread for when you tear into the hubs to replace seals, grease the bearings, and check the brakes:

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...spindle-size&p=1881487&viewfull=1#post1881487

And if you're into modifying the trailer, other wheel/tire options (in no wise comprehensive):
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?97026-Tire-wheel-options-for-M105a2

Peashooter put 398/85R20 tires on his M105.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...Build-Thread&p=1376671&viewfull=1#post1376671

Last edited:

Goldy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to thank you all for your responses. I am having a ball with all the veterans who come through my car wash and see the trailer. Some have stories, others just mist up a bit. I will most definitely go through it completely before I trust it. I'm waiting for an old motor pool sgt. to wander in and hear what he has to say.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks