• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Process 218 Transfercase

nonpro

I need some help as to what these transfercases come off of or what they will fit.
I bought 9 through GL and thought they were the same as the NP208s I got a while back.
I live a good ways away from the bases and dont have enough time to look at all the items I want to bid on as is the case here. I am running a TH350 and with the NP208s all I have to do is change the input shaft and it will couple right up but I am not sure about these. If these will not work I will have to liquidate then and look for more at a later date.
Any Help will be appreciated. Also thanks 1stDeuce for the info you sent.

nonpro

Here are the Numbers on the cases
Model 218AM
Assy# 12340 073 1
Serial # 4 15 93 1
1 8 20 90 1
2 12 90 1
Ratio 261

Model 218AM
Assy# 5579 508
Serial 6 12 85 2
9 18 86 1
6 15 87 1
10 22 86 1
Ratio 261

Model 218AMG
Assy # 12340 073 1
Serial # 1 10 91 1
3 4 91 1

I forgot to add this to the first post.

Attachments

Last edited:

dilvoy

These are used with the turbo 400 on the Humvees so you'll have to do the same thing to make them fit on the Turbo 350. These are full time four wheel drive with a Differentiated High position, High Lock Position and Low Lock. Might not be what you want to install in your car.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HMMWV, will adapt to the TH400. Those are cores, someone did not spend half a day pulling it for the fun of it. Not a lot of core value either.

1stDeuce

On the plus side, note that they are fixed yoke output t-cases, which is nice!! They would probably swap right into a HD chevy, and with a little work, give you full time 4wd. Wish they would provide a Low range unlocked mode... That would be awesome!!!

Anybody know what makes this t-case different from the 242 that I thought was in most HMMWV's???
C

nonpro

Thanks the constant 4 wheel drive will work out just great as we only race about a 1000 ft in the mud with only turning slightly. U shaped racetrack. Thanks again

transman

I know this post is getting dated but here goes anyway. The 218 has the same input spline as the 208 but the mount pattern is "clocked" a little different .It will cause the front output to be much higher/lower than intended. (can't remember which at the moment) the 218 is different than the242 in internal low range ratio and that it has a bolt on rear yolk vs the 242 rear slip yolk design. If you need the proper adapter to put a 218 or 242 behind a th400 or 4L80 that had a 208 I've got about 40 from GL on hand!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks